Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Balls and Reunions (Parker)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Serafina Richardson
    Serafina Richardson
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

Balls and Reunions (Parker) Empty
    PostSubject: Balls and Reunions (Parker)   Balls and Reunions (Parker) EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 5:53 pm

The ball was great and all, but frankly, it wasn't anything Serafina wasn't used to. In fact, in comparison to the balls and parties she attended on an almost monthly basis, this was rather the dull affair. After all, there were people dressed in such ... common ... clothes, dresses that she'd wear on a daily basis and most definitely not be even considered for something formal. But in any case, she supposed it was a good attempt for most of them. It wasn't as though she expected every muggleborn or half-blood to know how to dress themselves.

Mingling was on her mind, but first, she needed a drink. Making her way to the refreshment table, she barely hid a wrinkle of her nose at the amount of choices available - far too few for a ball. Why, at the ones she threw there were at least twelve choices of drink types, and anything a guest wanted they got. But, she had to remind herself, that was a Pureblood function and this was not. So, she satisfied herself with the punch, and, goblet in one hand, walked off to the side of the hall to just observe.

There was bound to be at least one male Pureblood at this University for her to have some fun with. And, if not, she could always scout for possible friends. One with at least some fashion sense, she hoped. Standing near the back of the hall, near the doors, she let her eyes lazily roam the floor, seeking nobody in particular and taking in far more than people would give her credit for.

As she watched, she gave labels to each person that walked by. 'Potential', 'avoid', 'must meet', and all sorts of other names that weren't as polite. A slight noise made her turn, and she saw a male had stood himself near her, also looking out at the crowd. But he seemed shy, observing not to classify, but to search for someone. A friend, most likely, she guessed.

Something about him seemed familiar, and with a start, realised where she had seen him before - Hogwarts. One of the gate crashes to a Gryffindor party that had been different and bold enough for her to not rat out. "Parker," she called out, the name presenting itself to her as she stepped closer. "Fancy seeing you here," she continued, and then offered a slight smirk. "Or are you crashing this, too?"
    Back to top Go down
    Parker Emery
    Parker Emery
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Balls and Reunions (Parker)   Balls and Reunions (Parker) EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:18 pm

As an impoverished muggleborn, balls and other kinds of exceptionally fancy receptions were never something Parker was exposed to. And the ones he had experienced through school events were never particularly enjoyable unless his senses were altered. Long gone were those days though.

But there he was (mostly out of a sense of obligation after being gone for study abroad, and partly out of a want to see his friends all dressed up and enjoying themselves) haunting around the edges of all the action of the Great Hall's events as he tried to seek out his friends.

He leaned back against one of the back walls with a small sigh, his feet aching in his scarcely worn dress shoes. He perked up and turned his attention from the main floor upon hearing his name spoken, initially thinking it to be one of his friends. One look confirmed otherwise though, and he gave her a look that suggested he had no idea who she was. In the past he probably would have panicked, jumping to bad conclusions about how she probably knew him from his worst years at Hogwarts as a troubled delinquent. This time, however, such a concern hadn't even crossed his mind - thinking instead maybe she was a mutual friend of someone else he knew and just didn't remember the face of (he was never all that good at remembering names or faces anyways).

The moment she made mention of party crashing, however, that same old dread filled him and edged him on the defense. "Er - Sorry, I don't..." he began and trailed off, noting her familiar smirk and high-class aura. He subconsciously straightened his back, no longer leaning against the wall as support.

"I'm guessing you had the displeasure of knowing me in Hogwarts?" he questioned with caution.
    Back to top Go down
    Serafina Richardson
    Serafina Richardson
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Balls and Reunions (Parker)   Balls and Reunions (Parker) EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 12:35 am

She watched the male carefully with each word she spoke, and a touch of disappointment spread throughout her mind as she saw that he wasn't the person he once was. That would have been fun - actually interacting with the brash and rude Slytherin from her Hogwarts days - but she supposed she couldn't always have fun wherever she went. But the day she stopped trying to would be the day hell froze over, or the world ended.

It was obvious he didn't recognise her, but it wasn't anything she took personally. After all, she hadn't interacted with him at all during her schooling years. Why would she, when he was a trouble maker and a Slytherin? No, those people usually meant problems for her, and she wanted nothing to do with problems back then. Now they were a challenge, something interesting in her otherwise routine and boring life. Besides, back then she needed to maintain a good reputation to earn the trust of her parents; now that she was a legal adult and all that, she could talk back to them with much less retribution.

His question drew a laugh from her, a soft, melodic tinkling that lasted only a couple of seconds. It was perfected over many years of practise, and was now second nature; she had made it her natural laugh. Seductive and light and feminine, it was exactly what she wanted it to be. "Displeasure?" she repeated, with an amused smile and a tiny shake of her head. "I disagree. You were different - interesting, unlike most of the others. Why else do you think I never reported you for breaking into my common room?"

Extending a hand, she said, "Serafina Richardson. Don't bother with an introduction; I know who you are." The smile widened a little, turning into an almost-smirk. "Which, Parker Emery, is the closest to a compliment anyone can receive from me; I only remember the names of people I like."
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balls and Reunions (Parker)   Balls and Reunions (Parker) Empty

Back to top Go down

Balls and Reunions (Parker)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1