Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage

Lilliana Noel

Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker) Empty
    PostSubject: Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker)   Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker) EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 1:01 am

It had been a long day with classes and homework, and all Lilliana wanted to was have a nice hot meal before crawling into bed. Slipping her bag over her shoulder, she left the classroom, slowly making her way down the hallway. The lesson today had been particularly challenging, but interesting, and fell at the end of an already very packed day - classes had been back to back, with almost no time to eat lunch in between. With a soft sigh, she pushed her way against the crowd of people.

Despite everything, she was enjoying herself, which was not something she ever thought she would find herself saying. No letters had come from the ministry in over a month, and her plan of keeping to herself had done her good; no visions had been seen from anyone. The incident with the other healer notwithstanding, the past few weeks had been extremely calm.

Bella followed silently beside her, keeping an eye on the witch as she walked. Slowly, for she was lost in thought, Lilliana navigated the corridors, making her way to the dorms. The bag that hung from her shoulder swung to and fro as people brushed against her, but she was too preoccupied to realize that it had come unzipped.

"What shall we eat tonight, Bell?" she softly asked, turning her head slightly up to look at the house elf, moving her gaze from the floor to mere feet above. That had always been the best part of having not a human, but a house elf as her helper - the height meant she wouldn't accidentally look at people when talking to Bella.

The soft thud went unnoticed by both, lost in the noise of friends chatting and feet running down the hallway, and her notebook lay shut on the floor, as she and Bella made her way down.
    Back to top Go down
    Parker Emery
    Parker Emery
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker)   Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker) EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Given the hectic week, Parker was extremely relieved to not have work that weekend. A day or two to sleep in, catch up with assignments, and read his new book would be more than welcome. The prospect of rest made it all the more difficult to pay attention to class, however, as interesting as the subject was.

He stretched in his seat with a yawn and slowly packed up his things, his mind in the clouds. Slinging his bag over his shoulder, he made his way out with the few other stragglers and mentally made a list of all the things he still needed to finish for the day while he walked down the hall towards the dorms. He still needed to schedule his hours in the hospital wing, finish writing back to his old friends, and plan a time to meet with one of the professors.

With his attention caught up in his thoughts and mixed feelings, Parker almost didn't notice the notebook that fell out of some girl's unzipped bag a few paces ahead of him. Stopping abruptly to pick it up, he almost lost her in the crowd when he looked up and started after her.

He didn't know her name, so he couldn't just shout to get her attention. And anyways, the halls were too crowded and noisy for someone as typically soft-spoken as him to try to shout. She definitely wouldn't have been able to hear him. As they made it down to the lower levels though, the halls began to clear out. He hurriedly caught up with her and gently tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey - you, uhm, dropped this upstairs. You're bag came unzipped."
    Back to top Go down

Lilliana Noel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker)   Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker) EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 7:08 pm

Lilliana was glad as the crowd thinned, the shoving and pushing on both her part and the part of the other students slowing down. Picking up her pace slightly now that the current was moving in one direction, a soft smile formed on her face as she set her mind on home - or at least, as home as her dorm could get.

Friends were not something Lilliana really had so far, with the exception of Tess - and even that had been a roller-coaster of emotions. So when she suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder, she jumped and just managed to keep from screaming. Spinning around, she was about to glance up when she caught herself and stopped, her gaze falling to the chest of the man before her.

But then she heard his words and her eyes went wide, eyes flitting towards the book he was holding out towards her. She recognized it at once as her diary, the one in which she wrote about, well, everything. Once, when she was in school, an older witch who had taken to bullying her got her hands on it. That was not a good day for either of them.

Her father had long since placed a charm on it so that nobody but her could open the book, but it still horrified her to think that someone other than herself was holding it. Still, it didn't seem as if the wizard had tried to look inside, and she smiled a little, reaching forward to take it. "Thank you," she said in her normal tone, which probably meant it was almost a whisper. "I don't know what I would have done if I lost it."

Slipping it into her bag, she made sure to zip it up. Thank Merlin someone had seen it fall out. Now she felt impolite, just standing there, and knew she couldn't very well just walk away. "I'm Lilliana," she added, looking up just a little more, but not enough to make eye contact.
    Back to top Go down
    Parker Emery
    Parker Emery
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker)   Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker) EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 8:34 pm

Being in crowded classrooms and hallways all day had left Parker feeling drained and on-edge. He normally wouldn't have been able to so easily follow after, approach, and talk to a stranger like this. But when he picked up the notebook, he felt like it was important enough to return to her right away. He knew he would've been really stressed to find out he lost one of his notebooks, and even more so if someone else had found it and not returned on the spot.

He felt himself flinch back slightly right as she jumped and spun around. He realized he probably should have announced himself first, as opposed to getting her attention by tapping on her shoulder - should've known better given how easily startled he could be at times.

Parker didn't really think about the fact that she didn't meet his eyes as he held out her notebook, he was more tuned into the way her eyes widened and how carefully she seemed to take it from him. He suddenly felt really embarrassed with himself, as if he'd done something terrible to invade her privacy. Swallowing hard, he shoved both hands into his pockets as he returned a nervous, crooked smile.

"Thank you, I don't know what I would have done if I lost it."

Her voice was barely above a whisper as she placed it back into her bag securely. "It's no problem, it always sucks to lose important things. I'm glad I didn't lose you in the crowds up there-" he said softly, taking one hand out of his pocket and pointing upwards. He'd not have been able to return it to her quickly otherwise.

"I'm Lilliana."

"Oh, I'm Parker," he responded, adjusting the strap of his bag to keep it from digging into his shoulder painfully. "I'm Really sorry for startling you by the way, I didn't mean to."
    Back to top Go down

Lilliana Noel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker)   Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker) EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:09 pm

"It's no problem, it always sucks to lose important things. I'm glad I didn't lose you in the crowds up there-"

A genuine smile crossed her features as he spoke, and she nodded. "I am, too," she replied, following his finger and glancing up. "It was rather crowded." It was only then that she realized she was on the second floor and his words registered; she had been answering on autopilot mode before. Did he really follow her all the way down, just so he could return the book? She didn't know many people who would do something like that.

"I.. Thank you," she repeated, meaning the words whole heartedly. Taking a calculated risk, she lifted her head just a little more, making eye contact. Mentally, she winced, hoping with all she had that this would not end up in a series of the wizard's past flashing before her. But a few moments passed and all she saw was the hallway behind him, and people brushing past the pair. Relief filled her for the time being.

Although this was when it usually happened - when she first made eye contact with a person - there were the few odd instances where visions came later. As such, Lily was always cautious, but at the same time, she could relax a bit more. Turning her attention back to the man, she smiled again, adding a, "It's nice to meet you."

At the apology, she gave a light shrug and shook her head. "It's not your fault. I'm startled easily, that's all," she explained. "Don't worry about it." Almost as an after thought, she asked, "You're a Healer-in-training, right?" Figuring it sounded a bit creepy to leave it just like that, she added, "I mean, I think I've seen you in class before. I'm.. I'm also that.. A Healer-in-training, I mean."

I am so bad at this. Groaning inwardly, she cursed her inability to make conversation, and hoping the man would at least understand what she had been so horribly attempting to say.

Last edited by Lilliana Noel on Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Parker Emery
    Parker Emery
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker)   Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker) EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 7:23 pm

With her smile and repeated thanks, Parker felt a twinge of of relief that began to alleviate his previous embarrassment (though he was almost certain his face was still flushed). “Yeah, nice to meet you too,” he responded, fairly certain he’d seen her around in several of his classes.

He chucked slightly as she explained how she was easily startled. “Yeah, so am I. I’ll try to keep that in mind if I happen to find your notebook again,” he joked lightly.

"You're a Healer-in-training, right? I mean, I think I've seen you in class before. I'm... I'm also that... A Healer-in-training, I mean."

Parker’s face lit up at her question, trying not to let the awkwardness between them get too unbearable. Awkwardness was wont to happen when you stuck two shy introverts together. “Oh, yeah, I am! I thought I recognized you, to be completely honest. Any specific area of healing you’re interested in?”

Then, glancing around at the those walking around and past them, he continued, “Oh, wait, I’m not holding you up, am I? Maybe we should keep walking - don’t want to get in other people’s way… ”
    Back to top Go down

Lilliana Noel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker)   Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker) EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 3:13 am

With a light, almost musical chuckle, she nodded. "I hope I never do lose it any more, but if I do, I hope you're the one who finds it." She sent a shy smile his way, and then realized how it sounded and flushed slightly. "I mean, most people don't respect privacy, and would have tried to open it. So.. I'm glad you didn't. And uh, thank you, again." I need to shut up, she told herself mentally. This is why I have my notebook. Use it, idiot. But of course, she couldn't just start writing in the middle of the hallway, and she did need the practise of conversation without relying on it.

The question made her think for a few moments, but before she even knew where to begin with sorting through her thoughts, the suggestion of walking came her way; she shook her head and then nodded, answering to things at the same time. "No, you're not," she was forced to say, because otherwise Parker wouldn't know heads or tails of what she had indicated. "And yes, that sounds like a better plan that just standing here."

Continuing the way she was headed, she finally manage to focus on his previous question. A little while later, Lilliana gave a tiny shrug. "No, actually, I don't." As an afterthought, she added, "I think maybe something to do with babies..." They don't have a past for me to accidentally see, she explained mentally, but not aloud. Never aloud.
    Back to top Go down
    Parker Emery
    Parker Emery
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker)   Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker) EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 11:06 pm

Parker shifted his bag over to his other shoulder as he and Lily began walking with the flow of people that were also heading for downstairs. He glanced at some of those around them, his mind wandering a bit as Lily thought over her question for a few moments. Before academy, he didn't know many that wanted to be healers, but those he did and had asked the same question, almost all responded the same way. He certainly didn't blame them. After all, Hogwarts never really taught them that much about the specifics of jobs in healing- not like they did ministry jobs.

When she mentioned maybe wanting to work with babies, Parker scrunched his face into a displeased look. "I'm not much of a fan of babies, to be honest," he said with a half-shrug. Out of all things relating to healing, the last thing he ever wanted to do was work with children, especially babies. Just the idea of raising little people was stressful enough - there was so much that could go wrong - and being in charge of the health of a child was more pressure than he was willing to put himself under. "I, personally, really want to work as a quidditch field medic. Would be fun to get to travel around and watch all the best games, Merlin knows I'd never be able to otherwise with how expensive tickets are."
    Back to top Go down

Lilliana Noel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker)   Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker) EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 11:46 pm

Smiling at his honestly, she let out a chuckle. It wasn't everyday she met people who were friendly but, at the same time, expressed their opinions. "I find them amazing," she replied, in a casual way; she wasn't trying to get him to change his mind or anything, merely stating things as she saw it. "They're so innocent, so naive. They don't judge you for who you are, and they only show you love. It's a shame they get so corrupted as they grow up." Blushing a little - for this was more than she had ever said to someone about what she thought - Lilliana averted her gaze. Hopefully he wouldn't find that off-putting, as some people did, She did not want to lose another potential friend.

"Oh, that's fantastic!" she exclaimed, honestly meaning it despite her quiet tones. "I've never really been to one before," she added, shrugging lightly. It wasn't because she didn't enjoy the sport - she did, quite a lot if she were to be honest - but because of the crowds. It seemed her abilities robbed her of every fun thing out there, and she hated it. What she wouldn't give to be able to just sit down in a crowded stand and not have to worry about suddenly prophesying or seeing into someone's past.

"Do you have a favourite team?" Merlin, I'm getting better at this small talk, she congratulated herself with an inward chuckle.
    Back to top Go down
    Parker Emery
    Parker Emery
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker)   Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 12:46 am

Parker smiled softly, in a way that seemed to say 'fair enough' and nodded as she went on explaining her amazement with babies. "I suppose that's why I don't much like being around kids, personally. Too much I could do wrong to mess them up. Too much pressure, I think," he tried to say as casually as he could muster. He was a strong believer in the fact that some people weren't meant to have or raise children (his parents fitting into that group), and since most of his friends growing up loved children, he never really had a chance to talk about this kind of thing with someone before.

"To be honest, I've never been to one myself. Only ever Hogwart's games and reading about the national or international teams in the paper." The two healers-to-be began making their ways down the stairs toward the first floor, Parker gently sliding his hand down the guard rail as they went. "The crowds... and price... make it, well, kinda impossible," he admitted carefully.

"Do you have a favourite team?"

He hmm'd to himself in a moment of thought before continuing on with a light shrug, "Well, it's kinda hard to say. Maybe the Ballycastle Bats, but mostly because they're kinda near my hometown."
    Back to top Go down

Lilliana Noel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker)   Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker) EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:51 pm

Smiling to herself as Parker replied to her, she let out a inward sigh of relief. Thank Merlin he didn't find her offensive. Sometimes with the way she thought - apparently far deeper than she should for someone her age - and spoke - again, too mature for someone so young - people found it odd and backed away from her. It seemed she had found someone who didn't, and it was a rare catch indeed. You seem fine, she wanted to say, but didn't, couldn't bring herself to voice that out loud. How can I phrase that so it comes out as what I mean it? You seem like a good person.. No, not that. You.. Giving her head a tiny, almost imperceptible twitch, she gave up and instead smiled again. "I can understand that," she said, wishing she could just say what she wanted to, but knowing she never would.

Nodding at once, she let out a soft chuckle, which was quite unlike her.It wasn't a rude one, but she found it quite amusing how someone else understood the feeling of crowds. The price was never truly a bother for her, simply because her parents were well to do; they weren't the richest, but had enough not to worry. If they wanted something, as long as it wasn't a ridiculous sum, they could get it. This was a privilege that she knew she had, and never once abused it or bragged about it, instead taking cue from her parents and helping those she could out of love and never self-assurance. "Crowds are horrible," she agreed. "I went once.." Pausing, she shuddered involuntary, remembering it clearly. "Never again."

"I'm a Fitchburg Finches supporter myself," she commented with a very light shrug. "I'm American, after all," she joked.
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker)   Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker) Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and Items Lost (Parker)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1