Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Cat & Mouse (Codey)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage

Aria Song

Cat & Mouse (Codey)  Empty
    PostSubject: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 11:52 pm

Friday nights were never glamorous for her compared to others. This evening she had jumped ship and decided to pick up a shift from two in the afternoon to seven in the evening. Ever since transferring over, Aria took pleasure working at the new hospital. The environment was more professional, and she appreciated that, form the nosy nature that she was used to. With her hair up in a high bun, she had delivered three new babies into the world, washed up for an emergency surgery, and found herself finally looking at the clock to say seven-thirty. She smiled to herself.

She had picked up a shift with purpose; to avoid being home. Ever since the meeting with her neighbor she found herself avoiding any prospect of seeing him. It wasn't any other reason other than arrogance, she would never want to let him have his way. Too long had she let smooth men walk into her life, sweep her off of her feet, make her think of a future with her, only to end it. She'd learned her lesson. So when Rachel needed someone to take her shift, with a grand smile she agreed.

Now she needed a shower. The smell of sterility bothered her more than anything. Pushing the door to the Healer's lounge she didn't bother having any qualms about showering. Grabbing a towel she jumped into the shower in the locker room. Pulling her hair down, and throwing her clothes aside she turned on the water and began to shower. No cleaning spell could replace a good shower. She laughed under the shower thinking about what Codey would be doing now.

She had purposely left early, and put up a note on her front door, that would enchant itself around six-thirty. She hummed softly as she thought about what she had written.

Codey,
    Sorry to say that I always have plans on Friday evening, and this Friday it's not with you. I don't like canceling dates. Oh so sorry. See you around...maybe.
    - Ari  

Slipping out of the shower, she wrapped a towel around herself, and found her extra scrubs to change into. Sighing into the teal scrubs she finally felt clean. Rubbing her hair, she let her hair dry and began to brush her hair letting her once wavy hair fall straight down her back. She was devoid of any makeup but she never felt more comfortable. Throwing the towels in the dirty towel bin she walked back towards the lounge and threw herself on the nearest couch. Sighing she wiggled deeper into the mattress and closed her eyes. This was going to be a great night. One nap, she figured that around ten at night she could head home and just go on with her life.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 12:30 am

Reservations had been made with relative ease - despite the place always being booked out months in advance, Codey was always the exception to this; how, was a secret only he and the owner knew - and he spent the rest of the day going about his normal business, sorting out stuff for his lessons. Lounging on his balcony, idly writing a letter to one of his contacts for dragon eggs (which yes, he knew was illegal), when he glanced up and saw an odd sight. His neighbour, Aria, was leaving the house in what appeared to be a uniform of sorts. Remembering that she mentioned she was a Healer, he smirked to himself.

If there was one thing that he took pleasure in was a good, old fashion, battle of wills. Chucking aside the current letter, he grabbed a couple of new sheets of paper and wrote out the same words on them all, before calling Opaleye over and giving her instructions to deliver them. Watching her fly off, he grabbed his house keys and set off for the village.

Returning home just past six, he found Opaleye waiting for him, and he smiled as he removed the single reply on there, smirking as he read the single sentence on. Quickly sending his owl off yet again - this time to the restaurant to let them know the reservation would be changed to 8pm, and would be under name of Aria Song.

Now all that was left was to get ready. After a shower and changing, he slipped out to check the note on the door that he was quite sure the woman would have left. Reading it, a smirk covered his features. Checking his watch, he adjusted his tie one more time before apparating to St. Mungos, two packages under his arm. Nodding at the receptionist, he moved towards the Healer's Lounge, stopping to give the guard his name; he was let through without so much as backwards glance.

Entering, the room, he raised an eyebrow at the witch on the couch and coughed once. "Excuse me, Miss Aria. I do believe you are now officially done with your shift. I've already made arrangements to the reservation times, so do not worry about anything." Pausing to let the information settle in, he waited for her to open her eyes before continuing with, "It seems you have forgotten to bring with you a change of clothes. Never the matter, I have already taken that into consideration." Gently placing the boxes into her hands, he slid his hands into his pockets and waited with a smirk.

Box 1 - A dress
    Box 2 - Heels
    Back to top Go down

Aria Song

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 12:52 am

Life was great. Sighing softly to herself she stretched on the couch. After all her work, she always wanted to just fall asleep. She didn't care for food or any form of entertainment after work. Helping women give birth and scrubbing into surgeries tended to tire her out. Yawning she arched her back off the couch and blinked a few times, trying to stay awake. Perhaps it was best if she went home to bed. She could always tell Codey to just back off and that she wasn't interested. Figuring there was no harm in her dozing off for a bit she allowed her body to slacken and nap for a bit.

Hearing the footsteps coming her way, her eyes fluttered open. The shoes were not the typical surgical, orthopedic shoes recommended for working. And the fact that it was a quick pace made her know that it wasn't any of her co-workers. Sitting up, she found herself looking at Codey. Her hazel eyes showed surprise. For one thing, how did he even realize that she was here? It didn't make sense, she'd figure he'd give up and nurse his wounds or something and leave her alone. A blown ego usually made men retreat. But no, this man was here with purpose. Secondly, how did he even get in? How did he get approval to pass to the restricted area. Thirdly what did he think he would do once he found her? She'd just let him take her anywhere he wanted? That was rich. But lastly, a small part of her was a bit flattered her did all of that, especially looking dashing in his suit.

"Excuse me, Miss Aria. I do believe you are now officially done with your shift. I've already made arrangements to the reservation times, so do not worry about anything."

"It seems you have forgotten to bring with you a change of clothes. Never the matter, I have already taken that into consideration."

"Excuse me?" she asked incredulously as she was handed the two boxes.

Who did this? Who went out of their way to find someone who was obviously not interested in any form of outing and come with gifts as well. She wanted to just push them his direction and tell him in leave, but she was curious as to what was inside. Opening up the smaller box, she unwrapped it delicately, like a surgeon would, to her surprise they were heels. She adored heels, always loved the way they made her feel. Sadly her career choice made it nearly impossible to wear them, but she loved the design of these shoes. The soft suede heels, with the bow were just gorgeous, not to mention the arch not being ridiculous. Looking at the bigger box she already guessed what it was. Doing the same, she noticed that it was something she wasn't expecting. It wasn't vulgar, or showing a lot of her skin, but rather had a sheer material that accentuated the proper areas without being tacky. She was expecting him to put her as a doll, or something far too demeaning. But they were perfect.

Looking up at him, her annoyance had turned to confusion. Who went out of their way to do this? Was it some bet? Didn't he understand that she wasn't at all wanting this to happen? Don't you? her mind peeped up. You don't want a handsome man to take you out to dinner. It's just dinner isn't it?

"Why are you doing this?" she asked her tone serious, "Why go out of your way to do all of this, is it your ego?"

Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 1:53 am

"Excuse me?"

Ignoring it, he simply waited, leaning back on the balls of his feet, as relaxed as could be. Watching her carefully, his smirk only grew bigger as he watched her expression with each box opened. It was only by luck that she had opened the heels first, because that was the one he was most happy with, knowing from what he had seen at her house that it would be something she liked - it seemed to just fit the style of what she had. The dress, on the other hand, had been a gamble. He had not spent enough time around the witch to be able to guess her taste for clothes with accuracy, and he had no previous women on which to base his purchase; never before had Codey met someone like Aria, and that was the exact reason he had not admitted defeat.

A guess, plain and simple, but it had paid off, and when no anger showed on her face when she looked at it, he knew that - at least on some level - she liked it. At the very least, she didn't hate it, so that was something. He was about to ask her how she found them, when she beat him to it, raising the questions he knew he would eventually face. It came sooner than anticipated, and the phrasing was not one he had ever heard before.

Unable to help it, he laughed, a smile taking the place of his smirk. This woman was most certainly good as surprising him. "It very well may be," he replied simply, before shrugging lightly and taking a seat on the table. "In all honesty, this is not out of my way," he added. "But if you must know, I am doing this because you intrigue me, and I wish to take you out for dinner. Is that so wrong?" This was, quite unexpectedly, the truth. While Codey had prepared some answers - these 'why' questions were so typical of any female - he had not expected it to come in that form, and honestly was the only way he knew to answer them.

"Dinner is in about fifteen minutes, and is under your name. You should go change if you do not wish to be late," he continued smoothly, calmly, as though this sort of thing happened daily.
    Back to top Go down

Aria Song

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 12:28 am

Gifts were something that didn't come her way often. Coming from a home that was a bit tight on money  she learned at a young age that wanting something didn't mean getting it now. It meant waiting and working hard to earn her gift. Even now, she tended to be frugal for herself. The house had been something she'd saved for, something that made her feel so independent. It had once been a dream of hers to buy a house with her loved one and while that was over, in no way did it cheapen it. But this was entirely too much, if she had protested when her fiancé had once given her gifts, why wouldn't she protest about a total stranger doing this to her? It was against her ideology.

It was embarrassing how materialistic she was being, finding it hard to just say not to the things he was giving her. They shoes were something that she would have bought for herself, and the dress...it was something she would always want to wear but never dare to. Biting her lip frustrated at the situation had pushed her to ask her question.

"It very well may be," he replied simply, before shrugging lightly and taking a seat on the table. "In all honesty, this is not out of my way," he added. "But if you must know, I am doing this because you intrigue me, and I wish to take you out for dinner. Is that so wrong?"

His laughter was nice, she had to admit, if not a bit frustrated at the fact that it was directed towards her. As he sat across from her on the table, she frowned as he began to explain. It didn't seem right for him to be here. Immaculately dressed while his background was a strikingly white and her in her scrubs. The mention of her being intriguing, made her tilt her head. What did he mean about intriguing? Like some kind of game? She frowned at the thought.

"It might be wrong..." she sighed, "When you say intriguing, do you mean like a shiny new toy?" she replied as she put the things aside. "Because if you do, take your things Codey, I'm too old to be playing these little games, as fun as they can be."

Smiling at him she leaned forward and placed her hand over his knee and squeezed.

"You're a nice guy, but I'm not about to jump hoops and rush towards dinner just because you have a schedule" she shook her head, "If I'm hungry I can heat something here ,and if you are hungry I figure you have food at your home."
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:34 am

"It might be wrong..."

Raising an eyebrow as she continued, he stopped a smile from showing. Not at all interested at the fact that she just insulted him by hinting that he saw her as a toy - because quite honestly, some people were just that to him, but not Aria - and instead took joy in her last statement. So she did enjoy those games, or used to; which, he wasn't quite sure. "One can never be too old to enjoy games. The type of games, however, is what changes," he replied simply, purposely making it as ambiguous as possible.

Letting a moment pass, he let out a chuckle. "When I say intriguing, Miss Aria, I mean intriguing. I find you interesting, as a person, and as someone I would like to get to know. Toys are fun, entertaining, but never intriguing," he finally replied, never having liked a 'yes' or 'no' - they tended to leave out a lot of information that was critical to context.

"You're a nice guy, but I'm not about to jump hoops and rush towards dinner just because you have a schedule"

"I consider myself a flexible man, Miss Aria," came his retort at once, short and simple. He smiled at her comment about food. "And what would be the point of that? You have a nice dress, nice shoes. Where better to try them out than at a restaurant? I assure you, this is not me trying to impress anyone - you would know if that were my intention. All I am asking is for you to allow me the honour of taking you out for a nice dinner, and in return, I ask for good conversation. Merlin knows I need more of honest people in my life."

Maintaining a calm and casual tone the entire time, he simply leaned back on his arms and smiled at Aria, waiting for a reply. She was most certainly not what he expected, and he liked it.
    Back to top Go down

Aria Song

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:00 am

At the mention of games and his response, Aria laughed softly. It would be people like him who would avoid the direct question and instead find a way around it. Rolling her eyes instead she let him talk, it was only fair after all. And if he was going to dig his own grave, it would save her time of being less vicious. It was fascinating how smoothly those words were said, experience behind each inflected word. A smirk tugged her cheek as he smoothly denied the idea of her being a toy. She wanted to believe him she really did, but she merely stopped pressing for it.

"And what would be the point of that? You have a nice dress, nice shoes. Where better to try them out than at a restaurant? I assure you, this is not me trying to impress anyone - you would know if that were my intention. All I am asking is for you to allow me the honour of taking you out for a nice dinner, and in return, I ask for good conversation. Merlin knows I need more of honest people in my life."

Flexible? It didn't seem that way since he was pushing for that date. But he did make it seem grander than a first date needed to be. It all seemed to be far too much, but talking to someone new was more alluring than she cared to admit. Pushing the things even farther from her she leaned forward towards Codey and smiled softly. Placing her hands on his knees she got closer to him, taking it all in. Lowering her voice she chuckled.

"You know what? That sounds divine, I've been in the mood for that too I suppose." she murmured,"but you know what I'm really in the mood for?" she paused, "Kabob!"

Pulling back she crossed her legs primly and began to close the boxes, careful not to ruin anything. "You know, I'd love something fried too, maybe some chips. And there's no need for any of these I suppose. So how about it? I know my stomach was grumbling earlier."
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 12:09 am

Watching her expressions carefully, he found that, in this rare instance, he quite honestly just could not read what the woman before him was thinking. If she believed his statements or if she thought he was lying, he just couldn't tell; this both made him more interested in getting to know Aria and frustrated him, because he liked to be in control of every situation. Still, it would be a rather unique experience to have at a woman who was as different as this witch.

Raising an eyebrow as she moved closer, he wondered what her strategy was; what her angle at all this was, he didn't know. At least, he didn't know until she started to speak, and then his eyes lit up in amusement, and a smirk tugged at his lips. So this was how she wanted to play? Simply nodding along with her words, he didn't take his eyes away from her own.

"You know, I'd love something fried too, maybe some chips. And there's no need for any of these I suppose. So how about it? I know my stomach was grumbling earlier."

Smart. That was the only word in that moment that Codey could come up with to describe Aria, and for a moment, almost laughed aloud at the brilliance of her statement. Instead, he merely nodded again. "I am sure we can find a place that has both of what you are craving," he started, pausing to motion to the presents. "You are keeping those, I hope? I do not think that the stores offer refunds, and I would hate for them to go to waste."

It wasn't where Codey wanted to take the witch, not at all, but getting her to accept a dinner date in the first place was, in his mind, a win. After all, this was just one battle, and Codey had his eyes set on more - he planned in winning the war.
    Back to top Go down

Aria Song

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 10:40 pm

"I am sure we can find a place that has both of what you are craving," he started, pausing to motion to the presents. "You are keeping those, I hope? I do not think that the stores offer refunds, and I would hate for them to go to waste."

Aria smiled brightly seeing that she'd gotten her way. She figured it would take the pressure off of the whole situation and would make her feel like she had some control. She had folded in his demand and yes he got his way, but she wasn't going to complain. A free meal was most definitely not something that she necessarily had to turn down. And while a nice steak meal sounded divine, a greasy plate of chips sounded just as appealing if it meant keeping him on his toes.

But at the mention of clothes she figured that she wouldn't just let him keep it. For a moment she figured she would tease him, to make him keep it for the next girl he'd take out to dinner. But how long had it been since she had been treated by someone? Far too long, she smiled softly and grabbed the boxes.

"Well I suppose it would be a shame to see these go to waste, especially if you can't return it" she said not bothering to hide the mirth in her expression.

Getting up she walked towards the lockers, opening up the boxes and charming them in her purse. There would be no need for her to wear the outfit, it was a shame that they were going to some second-rate place. Maybe another time, if she let him play her, of her own accord. Picking up her spare clothing she turned over her shoulder and smirked.

"I would suggest you call to get those reservations cancelled. I'll change while you do that and then we can go out."

Smiling slightly, she walked towards the changing room to get into her daily clothing. She was grateful to have acceptable clothing. Sliding into a pair of jeans, she changed into that and a casual violet t-shirt. Nothing special, nothing that made her stand out, but comfortable. Letting her hair down, she figured it was the best she was going to get for a casual outing.

"Keep telling yourself that" she murmured to herself in the mirror.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:12 pm

"Well I suppose it would be a shame to see these go to waste, especially if you can't return it"

Raising an eyebrow slightly, he hid a smirk. While he had not gotten the witch to agree to a date in the restaurant of his choice, they were still going on one. He considered that half a win, but to have her keep the clothes was a complete win in his eyes; it meant his predictions had been spot on, and that she really did like his choices. "But will you ever have a chance to wear them?" he mused aloud, now openly teasing her. "Because even if you take it, but don't use it, they go to waste. You do seem to be horribly busy with your shifts." He paused to smirk. "After all, you couldn't even get out of a shift for dinner."

Watching her calmly, without displaying emotion, he didn't move, except for his eyes following her. Why can't all the women be like this? he wondered to himself. As much as he was playing her, he had a nagging feeling that she was playing him as well. It seemed the whole night was going to be a battle of wills, and Codey was more than looking forward to it.

The last time he had taken someone that interesting on a date was... In all honesty, he wasn't sure when - or if he'd even met someone like that before. Not realizing what he was doing, he adjusted his tie as she spoke, nodding curtly. "That can be easily done," he confirmed, waiting till she walked off.

Moving over to the window, he threw it open and waited till his owl landed on the sill. A few moments later, she was off, a small piece of parchment attached to her leg. Watching her for a few moments, he glanced at the night sky, smiling to himself before closing the window and walking towards the door. Leaning against the frame, he crossed his arms and waited for the witch to come back.
    Back to top Go down

Aria Song

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 9:32 pm

"But will you ever have a chance to wear them?" he mused aloud, now openly teasing her. "Because even if you take it, but don't use it, they go to waste. You do seem to be horribly busy with your shifts." He paused to smirk. "After all, you couldn't even get out of a shift for dinner."

Looking over her shoulder, she chuckled and placed her free hand on her hip. Her ponytail, a bit mussed from laying down, looked at him and lifted her brow. What did he meant by that comment? She couldn't help but let out a sweetest smile before commenting.

"Well you can take them and wear them yourself if you'd like. Or give them to your next date, it's up to you" she drawled before leaving to change.

Her clothes weren't the fanciest thing, but she felt comfortable. And even more, she was pleased to realize that he was incredibly overdressed for fish and chips. Grinning at herself she pinched her cheeks to redden them, and opened the door walking over to him. Slipping her hands in her pockets she smiled.

"You ready?" she asked.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 5:38 pm

"Well you can take them and wear them yourself if you'd like. Or give them to your next date, it's up to you"

Raising an eyebrow in slight surprise, he quickly masked it with a smirk. Aria was most definitely someone he was enjoying more and more with each passing moment; she kept throwing curve balls at him that he could have never predicted, and that made a nice change. "Oh, those aren't in my style," he retorted at once, sending a win in her direction. If she chose to believe him or not he didn't care. "Perhaps I may, if you don't wish to keep them," he added. He did not, however, move towards them, fairly certain that the witch wanted them, no matter how much she tried to pretend she didn't care.

As she stepped back into the room, he barely glanced her over before nodding. "I've been ready, my dear," he stated, deciding to toss out a pet name to see how she'd react. "Do you have any places in mind, or shall I pick?"

Offering her the crook of his elbow, he tilted his head to look at her, a half-smirk half-smile on his lips. No matter what she may think, to Codey, he had won the round simply because she had agreed to a date. Despite it not being at the original place of his choosing, they were still going out for dinner, and that was frankly all that mattered.
    Back to top Go down

Aria Song

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 6:34 pm

Pet names were never Aria's thing, at least that's what she now told herself. In her teen years she'd find fawning over the fact that the supposed love of her life had once called her a plethora of names. Before they would warm her heart, and set the butterflies on flying all around. But now at her age, it just seemed odd. Especially coming from a man that was very handsome, but has a history about him. Chuckling softly she said nothing about it. Instead she walked forward and hooked her arm and looked up at the taller man. She took in how Codey looked so much different up close. She took in his eyes, and the expression behind them brought a smirk on her own face.

"Do you have any places in mind, or shall I pick?"

"Oh no, I'm choosing, no need to distress yourself to something that's not up to your posh standards, my dear" she replied in return.

Laughing softly she apparated them out of the hospital and onto the muggle streets of London, in front of her favorite greasy spot.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Chuckling lightly at her comment, he chose not to reply. Quite honestly, he knew he was over-dressed for the place she was taking him - and he was very certain that she would take him to the most casual place she could think of - but he did not care. Suit and ties were his go to outfit, even if for a hike in the woods - Codey was simply that type of person. His image was more important to him than anything else; it was both his strength and his weakness, for it gave him incredible ego.

Looking around the place they had just arrived in, Codey hid a smirk. Aria was good - one of the better ones he had the pleasure of playing - and he appreciated her efforts. Moving straight towards the door of the place, he held it open, motioning for her to enter. "Ladies first, after all," he said, smiling just a little.

Moving towards the nearest empty table, he pulled out a chair, again turning to look towards the witch. No matter the location, no matter the situation, he was always the 'perfect' gentleman, unless he decided it was better to act otherwise. But for now, his full intent was to give the witch a night she would never forget, and make her come back for more.
    Back to top Go down

Aria Song

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 9:58 pm

Aria took pride in allowing herself to keep him on her toes. The muggle world was not for every wizard, in fact it was always something she tested for wizards to see their reaction. It amused her greatly to do so. Smiling softly, the glint in her eye was in no way hidden; she didn't need to, he knew what she was doing. She was proud of him for not saying anything in response, nothing negative.

But the muggle world was a part of her, something that was her second home. It was her home till age eleven when the wizarding world won her over. From then on, Aria found herself coming back for a sense of nostalgia. She did love the chip shop, that wasn't a lie. And as smoothly as Codey led them both in, she greeted the hostess she knew. This was a testing place for her, and many working her knew that if she never came back with the same guy, it meant that they didn't make the cut.

As he gracefully pulled the chair for her, she sat down and smiled across the table to him.

"What do you think?" she asked coyly.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:53 am

He didn't once miss the fact that she knew the people who worked here - as was obvious with the friendly way she greeted the woman, versus a polite one; for a moment, he wondered why she had taken him here. Surely there had to be hundreds if not thousands of chip shops around the country, not to mention the entire world - and he knew that Australia had some good ones - so what made this one place so special?

Smirking slightly as she sat, Codey slid himself into the chair and looked at her for a few moments. It irked him quite a bit that he couldn't get a proper read on the witch. Her intentions were semi-clear, but for the first time, he was second guessing himself, something he never imagined he would ever do. In all honestly, he liked it - he liked not knowing, and being unsure, but at the same time, he hated it. The weirdest part of it all was that he liked the way he felt about the situation; he liked that he both loved and hated it, which was something he could never explain to anyone.

"What is there to think? I haven't tasted the food yet," he remarked casually, reaching up and loosening his tie just a little. "Unless, of course, you are talking about the atmosphere," he continued moments later. "In which case, I find it.. intriguing.. that your favourite chip shop is in Muggle London." He didn't bother to lower his voice when he said the word, instead maintaining his normal tone. "Are there no nice ones in the Wizarding side of things?"
    Back to top Go down

Aria Song

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:11 pm

Aria tried desperately to hide the amusement from her face. He just looked so out of place, and she never thought she'd realize that just how push he was. But he was, in that lovely suit of his, stuck out like a sore thumb. She lifted her gaze carefully to see Meena, the owner show her two thumbs up, already approving based on the outfit. She shook her head and grinned instead, she tilted her head and took him in. Behind him the colors of soft pastel that decorated the walls popped more from the black fitted suit, his hair quaffed so wonderfully, seemed like he was made out of a painting. And there she was; she didn't bother with her hair (it had a mind of it's own), nor her outfit (the more casual the better) and a face fresh of makeup. They couldn't be more different, yet there they were.

As she had asked her question she rolled her eyes at hi response. The sarcasm wasn't missed, but she wouldn't dwell on it. Something behind his eyes told her that he was thinking, deeply at that. At his comment about her favorite shop being a muggle one, she couldn’t help but tense up. His tone wasn’t clear of his intention as he said it, still, she smiled seemingly not phased about it. Shrugging, she was about to speak, but Meena walked towards them and she simply smiled more sincerely at the woman.

”We haven’t seen you in a while luv” she cooed placing her hand lightly on Aria’s shoulder. ”You’ve gotten skinny, we can’t have that happening now can we?

Aria rolled her eyes and laughed softly. She knew that she’d lost weight since her break up, and the giant change in her life. But the way Meena said it was in no way harsh, but rather a motherly tone that she, sometimes missed more than she cared to admit.

”Now luv will you be having the usual?” she asked and Aria nodded, then Meena turned to Codey and blushed. Of course she did considering how handsome he was to her eyes. ”And you young man? Surely you seem to know what you want?”

The hidden meaning did not go over Aria’s head and he forced herself to be cool about it despite her embarrassment. Meena was lovely, but also very nosey.

“He’ll have what I’m having Meena, thank you!” she interrupted.

She ignored the way Meena grinned and whispered to her how she had traded up before running off and putting the order.Running her fingers through her hair nervously she chuckled.

“Sorry about that. Meena can be a bit…nosey.” she shrugged, “but as for your question, I actually don’t know. I’ve been coming here since I was sixteen”

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cat & Mouse (Codey)    Cat & Mouse (Codey)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Cat & Mouse (Codey)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1