Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Always the Silver Lining (Codey)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage

Rhian Kael

Always the Silver Lining (Codey) Empty
    PostSubject: Always the Silver Lining (Codey)   Always the Silver Lining (Codey) EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 11:25 pm

The grass was cool on her feet, belying the warmth of the sun's rays. With fall closing in, Rhian was glad to spend as much time as she could outdoors, while she still could. Not that she hated winter, really. It just wasn't her forte. In the summer, she could wear shorts and t-shirts, and be comfortable in her own skin.

Carrying her tennis shoes in one hand, she entered the Quidditch Pitch. She'd seen the towers over the last few weeks of staying in the dorms, but with shifts at the pub, and visiting Tess, she hadn't gotten around to coming down here.

A shame, because now that she was here, she realized how much she missed the sport. Having been on her team at school, and even becoming captain in her final year, a lot of her Hogwarts memories stemmed around the sport. It was one thing that she never had to be self conscious about. When she was up on that broom, she wasn't some orphan girl, or some weird person who didn't open up to people. She was just another flyer, and a damn good one at that.

She eventually made her way to the center of the pitch and sat down in the grass. Leaning back on her arms, with her legs crossed, she wondered what the next few days would hold. They'd be starting classes soon, and she really didn't know what to expect. There would be at least one class that she and Tess would have together, but that was it. While the girls had been in separate houses before, at least they'd still have the same lessons. Now...she just wasn't sure what to make of it.

The quiet around the deserted pitch was disrupted by a fierce roar. It wasn't too close, as to scare her, but it was near enough that she glanced over in that direction, curious to know if she could find the source. Her heart started beating just a bit faster, and she couldn't help the grin that spread onto her face. Dragons. If nothing good came from her time here, at least there were dragons!
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Always the Silver Lining (Codey)   Always the Silver Lining (Codey) EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 1:09 am

"Are all of you complete idiots?!" Codey yelled, removing his wand and running towards the Common Welsh Green. His tie flapped as he approached the roaring dragon, muttering under his breath about idiots the entire time. It took a few minutes, but he got the dragon to stop trying to fly away and ushered it into its room. Storming back out, his face as cold as it could possible be, he asked, "Who woke him up?" His tone was quiet, as though talking to himself, but it held such poison that it was no doubt deadly.

When nobody responded, he turned his gaze to each person present, looking them in the eye for a few seconds each. "I will not repeat myself. You know who you are." He paused, then let out a long breath, reaching up and smartly tugging on his suit to straighten it. "I am going for a walk. When I come back, I expect the person or persons responsible - no, that is not the right word; irresponsible, because that is exactly the behaviour shown today - to be gone. And I do not wish to ever hear of you working as a dragon trainer ever again, or there will be consequences."

With that, he turned sharply, and walked off. Idiots. I work with complete and utter idiots he thought to himself, not caring where he went. His legs led him to the Quidditch pitch, and as he neared, he noticed a figure already there. Nearing, he realized it was a witch - probably a student, by the looks of it - and he wondered why she was out here alone.

"May I join you?" he asked softly, nearing her from behind. "Or are you out here for the peace and quiet? If such, I apologize for intruding."
    Back to top Go down

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: Always the Silver Lining (Codey)   Always the Silver Lining (Codey) EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:27 am

Enjoying the soft breeze that was blowing across the field, Rhian closed her eyes, a light hum escaping her. She'd never made a point of showing off her singing, since it seemed rather trivial to her. But she did enjoy being able to replicate songs she liked. With a natural ear, it came easily to the girl. Most of the time, though, she kept that fact to herself.

Lost in her own world, she didn't even hear someone approaching. Before she could turn in the direction of the soft footsteps, a voice spoke softly, questioning. She was surprised to see an impeccably dressed man, walking leisurely across the pitch. He didn't look like he belonged at all, causing the corner of her lip to twitch. Probably not a good thing, since he more than likely worked at the academy. Probably Healer, or Potions.

"Sure. It can still be peaceful and quiet with two." Her words were light, but honest. She generally didn't mind the company of others, even if she rarely opened up completely. Many thought that social butterflies had no secrets, but she didn't believe it. Rhian could talk easily with most, as long as they didn't pry too much.

Another roar in the distance, it was coming from the direction that the man had come from. Her eyebrow rose in curiosity. Piecing things together, she realized there wasn't much else in that direction of campus. Looking back at the man, her curiosity grew.

"Sounds like someone's not too happy."
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Always the Silver Lining (Codey)   Always the Silver Lining (Codey) EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Nodding at her words, he simply sat down, not caring about getting dirt on his pants. It wasn't as though the grass was wet - water stains were the worst - so that was fine. The peace was calming, and Codey glanced over at the witch, mind unable to stop from analysing her, even if just a little. She was definitely a student, but of what major, he couldn't quite tell.

Before anything else could be done, he heard another roar and let out a groan. Looking out at where the stables were, he debated going back, but stopped himself. If the Ministry wanted to send in unqualified - how they passed the course, he could not figure out - idiots, then by all means, he would let them. When, and he didn't bother correcting his thoughts to 'if', when they got hurt, he would have proven his point without having to say anything. Maybe then the Ministry would allow him to do his work by himself.

At the comment, he turned to meet the gaze of the witch. No fear was shown on her face, and her eyes only held a questioning look - she was interested, not afraid. Was it possible she was a dragon trainer? He certainly hoped so - he needed students like that. "Yes, I concur. Catalonian Fireball, by the sounds of it. It would seem that those morons have managed to wake up another one," he told her, lightly, as though this sort of thing happened daily.

For Codey, it did. Leaning back, he used his arms to support him. "If they wake up the Vipertooth, I would be most displeased," he added, in a calm tone and a shrug.
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Always the Silver Lining (Codey)   Always the Silver Lining (Codey) Empty

Back to top Go down

Always the Silver Lining (Codey)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1