Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Introductions over sweets (Rhian)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage

Conner Bailey
    Dragon Trainers In-Training

Introductions over sweets (Rhian)  Empty
    PostSubject: Introductions over sweets (Rhian)    Introductions over sweets (Rhian)  EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Conner was walking through Diagon Alley with a satchel to his side and a note between his fingers. He couldn't believe that it would be his last year at Hogwarts and he was really excited to get all his things so he could enjoy the rest of his summer vacation. He had sent all his books home, much to the glee of his mother. He did this on purpose simply because she enjoyed reading the history of the world that she was introduced to but never got the chance to live. She knew in some way she was grateful that he had turned out like his father, at least in the magical way. He would never be like his father, that he had promised himself.

Now he was getting her a little treat. He had to admit that while he had lots of friends, his best friend was Ben. No matter how often the prat denied it, they both knew they were close, even if Conner had to push for it. But now, he was getting his second best friend, his friend for life a treat: his mother. He knew that she had a sweet tooth, and so he decided to go to a store that she always loved receiving things from.

Sugarplum was not necessarily the manliest place to enter, but he didn't care, he had a reason to go in. And as he did so, he walked straight to the chocolates wondering which one to get her.

Back to top Go down

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: Introductions over sweets (Rhian)    Introductions over sweets (Rhian)  EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Rhian couldn't help the smile that crept over her as she walked quietly through Diagon Alley. This summer was the first one that her mother allowed her to come on her own, and she came here as often as she could. She didn't enjoy crowds, as a general rule, but this early in the morning, when the shops were just opening up, she didn't mind it. It was rare that she would see someone from school that would try to engage her in conversation. Most of the time they simply smiled and moved on, which suited her just fine.

She'd already finished her usual first stop, the book shop, and had a few books tucked to her side as she walked. Her mother had asked her to keep the trip short today, since she had planned a picnic for them, so she hadn't bothered to bring a bag. But she could never pass up a new book. It was as if they called to her every time she entered the store, and she couldn't possibly leave empty handed. Today it was a history on dragon breeding and a potions book about blood replenishing. The first was for sheer curiosity, the second...less so.

Checking her watch, she knew she still had plenty of time before she needed to get back home. A familiar sign up ahead gave her an idea. She slipped into the sweet shop, reveling in the smells and the quiet of the interior. There were only a few people here, and she felt her body relax. Moving over to the gag section, she couldn't help the little smirk that pulled at one corner of her mouth. But as she looked, her brow furrowed. Where...

One of her favorite things about this shop was that they carried a chocolate pop that was mixed with a flavoring similar to blood. It was meant to be a joke, similar to some of Bertie Bott's Beans, but she loved them. Her eyes roamed the store, settling on a sign for the chocolate section. Maybe someone had moved them.

Walking over there, unhurried, she moved to turn a corner and bumped into someone standing right there. "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't see you!" Her eyes grew wide as she looked up at the boy.
    Back to top Go down

Conner Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Introductions over sweets (Rhian)    Introductions over sweets (Rhian)  EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 11:52 am

Why where there so many different types of chocolate? Conner thought confused. He was in between truffles from the dark chocolate, to the white, to the milk. His mother would never tell him which one she would have preferred, but he would know. He knew that she would always be a bit crestfallen at the fact that he would be going off for a school year but it was his last and he would bring her into this world once he graduated and properly had some place to bring her too. He was in the midst of putting one box down when he was bumped into.

His eyes widened as the table wobbled and things fell everywhere. Oh bugger! He looked horrified at the mess that had just happened, and to think that such a small girl could move him that much. He immediately bent down and began to pick things up before the owner would come and kick him out of the store. He didn't need this, all he needed was a box of chocolates.
    Back to top Go down

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: Introductions over sweets (Rhian)    Introductions over sweets (Rhian)  EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Rhian watched as the boy quickly bent down to the floor. For a second, she wondered if she had made him fall. She tried to keep her strength reigned in, for the most part, but sometimes it slipped out. It was one of the reasons she never went out for Quidditch, as much as she loved flying. But she knew, after the first year at Hogwarts, that she couldn't draw attention too herself. Couldn't be above average. Even being sorted into Gryffindor was a bit of a gamble, but she hadn't had control over that, as the sorting hat had been able to see just how eager she was for that little bit of adventure.

Trying to stay in the moment, she watched as the boy moved about, trying to gather the fallen merchandise. She hadn't even heard the things fall, being too preoccupied with her own embarrassment. A few steps took her around the kneeling boy - or man, judging by his height, now that she thought about it. With slow, careful movements, she knelt on the other side of the mess, gathering some items as well.

"I'm really sorry about this. I wasn't looking where I was going, trying to..." Her hand closed over a familiar hexagonal box with black and red coloring. She couldn't help the smile as she found what she'd been looking for. Setting it off to the side, she went to grab the last few items on the ground, still a bit embarrassed about the whole thing. So much that she hadn't really gotten a look at the boy's face.
    Back to top Go down

Conner Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Introductions over sweets (Rhian)    Introductions over sweets (Rhian)  EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 4:53 pm

Conner was quickly piling boxes of chocolate, glad they weren't damaged. He noticed that the girl had bent down to help. Had he not been sweating bullets he would have noticed how someone so small managed to bump him so hard. He did notice how she was pretty graceful, at least more graceful than he was. He was better in the air where he wasn't like a bull in a china shop. He took a deep breath, already embarrassed, especially once he looked over and noticed she wasn't hard on the eyes. Seriously, someone so small made him drop all of this? He was losing his touch.

"I'm really sorry about this. I wasn't looking where I was going, trying to..."

"It's my fault, I'm not good in small enclosed places" he said chuckling. His eyes trailed towards the box that she had put on her side. That definitely looked unappetizing.

"I see you have...interesting tastes in sweets? If you can call that sweets" he mumbled, then realized he was being rude, "Not that it isn't-Merlin I'm sorry." he sighed, "Here let me buy that for you, I was on my way out anyways" picking up the random box that he would get his mother.

Last edited by Conner Bailey on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: Introductions over sweets (Rhian)    Introductions over sweets (Rhian)  EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 5:50 pm

A soft laugh escaped as Rhian heard the boy making fun of himself. Most people that tried to be self-depreciating were terribly liars, and she could tell by the way they spoke. But this one sounded genuine. Something she knew was lacking in most people. As her laugh died down, she looked up, her eyes catching with his. For a moment, it felt like the quiet melody played in the store had been turned off, the sounds from the street going silent as her world decided to get a bit tipsy. Sometimes, very rarely, she had a reaction when being this close to humans.

She quickly shut her eyes, taking a deep breathe through her mouth, hoping not to smell anything. Through her years at school, she could block out most smells, when she wanted to. But this year, for some reason, it was harder. Getting a hold on her mind, she settled back on her heels, her hand gripping the box at her side.

"That's okay, it...it's for a friend. Paying her back for a joke she played on me." Rhian tried to picture Tess, wondering if she would have to tell the girl about this, about using her in a lie. She knew the Slytherin wouldn't care, and would understand, but she was curious what Tess would say about the why.

She couldn't help the small smile at his insistence to pay for her chocolate. It was strange, having a stranger be so nice, but she didn't exactly hate it. "You don't have to. I'm the one who bumped into you, after all." It was all just niceties, really, but there was something about the boy that made her want to stay right where she was, even if the floor was a bit cold on her legs.
    Back to top Go down

Conner Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Introductions over sweets (Rhian)    Introductions over sweets (Rhian)  EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Conner finally took a look at the girl, a good look and he had to admit, he wouldn't mind being toppled over if that girl was the reason for it. She was beautiful, from her blue-green eyes that shined, to her presentable clothes, but more than anything it was her laugh. She had laughed with him, and well he hadn't had a girl laugh with him for a long time. As they made eye-contact he smiled at her and tilted his head offering his hand to help her up.

He simply waited for her to notice, as she was looking down; he was oblivious to her troubles at the moment and waited patiently. At the mention of it being a prank his eyes brightened. Sense of humor and pranks with chocolate? His eyes trailed to the box and wondered if Watson would be too mad if he did so.

"No it's fine, here let me help you up" he said tentatively touching her arm to help her up. "It helped me decide" he said signaling the box he had. "Plus, if it's a prank, well I'm more inclined to take some credit for whatever devious plan you have...I'm Conner" he added as an afterthought.
    Back to top Go down

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: Introductions over sweets (Rhian)    Introductions over sweets (Rhian)  EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Rhian was a bit surprised at the boy's willingness to help her up. It wasn't that people were mean to her, as a rule, but most never went out of their way to interact with her. It was fine, for the most part. But some days she wondered what it would be like to be...well, liked. Tess's sister, Aria, was constantly surrounded by friends, and she always seemed so happy. Rhian...she only had Tess.

Taking the proffered hand, she couldn't help but feel her pulse racing in time with his. She wondered if it was just something that happened, with vampires and humans. If being close to them...well that really didn't happen, did it. Because, as far as she knew, they didn't have a regular circulation. Though, she really wouldn't know, since she'd never met her dad, or any of his kind. Even after so many years of reading up on them at school and through her own collection of books, there were just things she could never know without asking one in person.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when he gestured to his own chocolate. Dark, the box said. A good choice, if ever there was one. At his comment, she couldn't help but laugh again. Something in his words, the hint of mischief in his gaze, had her mesmerized. Her and Tess, well they were loners, the both of them. It was odd, but a bit exciting, to be near someone so open.

And she was quite near to him. Now standing, she could see just how tall he was, and how in shape. He wasn't overly bulky, like some of the Quidditch players at school, but he must be a flyer, or care that much about his physical looks. She preferred to guess the former.

"I guess that will be okay. But only on one condition." She bit at her lip in a nervous habit, unsure about the sudden urge to socialize. "Let me repay you with ice cream?" Reaching up a hand, she brushed a stray hair out of her eyes. "My names Rhian."
    Back to top Go down

Conner Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Introductions over sweets (Rhian)    Introductions over sweets (Rhian)  EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 8:42 pm

Conner smiled realizing that the more he straightened up the girl shrank into a lithe but ethereal figure in front of him. She was a bit odd by buying those candies, but who was he to judge? Plus odd was the best kind of person no? Who wants to be boring and normal when you can have interesting? She was a bit cold, he noticed that, especially for the summer weather, but he didn't paid too much attention, he was more interested in what she had to say no.

The mention of the condition he looked at her curiously, and ignored the urge to follow the little movement she did with her lip. Eye contact was important, he knew this very well and he wasn't going to muck this up. His face brighten at the mention of ice cream and at the prospect that she would be around him longer.

"Well Rhian, what kind of person would I be to say no to that offer of ice cream on a nice afternoon?" he said grinning. "Let's go then, after I pay for this of course" he said taking her candies and walking towards the register to pay.

Once he was done he turned over and flashed a smile her way and signaled if they could now go.

Back to top Go down

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: Introductions over sweets (Rhian)    Introductions over sweets (Rhian)  EmptySun May 04, 2014 12:03 pm

Her stomach twisted in knots as Rhian saw the surprise on the boy's face. Conner. For a moment, she wondered if she'd overstepped some social boundary. Was it too forward to ask someone you just met out for ice cream? Is that not what people did? She honestly didn't know, as the only person she ever really hung out with was Tess. And that had always flowed so easy, after the first year, she never really had to worry about it.

But the way he seemed to light up at the idea made her relax just a bit. She didn't know why she wanted to spend more time with the boy - maybe it was the fact that she hadn't been able to visit
    about money, since she could more than afford them, but she wasn't used to other people buying things for her. A stranger, no less. Following him to the counter, she tried to look everywhere, anywhere, else besides at the worker behind the counter. When Conner was done, she followed his lead, moving out of the store.

Guess I can't back out of it now, she thought. He had her candies still, as the shop worker had thrown them all in one bag. If she wanted them back, she would have to follow through. Trying to stay positive, she walked next to the boy, trying not to lead, but trying not to follow.
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions over sweets (Rhian)    Introductions over sweets (Rhian)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Introductions over sweets (Rhian)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1