Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Fresh Air (James)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Parker Emery
    Parker Emery
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

Fresh Air (James) Empty
    PostSubject: Fresh Air (James)   Fresh Air (James) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:23 am

Parker sighed, dropping his bag beside him on the grass.

Stressed from work and studying, and feeling rather lonely from being cooped up indoors most of the week, he figured a Saturday at the pitch watching one of the teams practice as he read would be good for him. Back at Hogwarts, he would go to watch Slytherin's practices whenever he got the chance and never missed going to a match with his old friends. He loved watching the game, was absolutely fascinated with it, in fact. People used to ask why he never bothered trying to join the team, which was mostly because he hated flying and had never been able to fully get the hang of it.

Parker sat down in the grass, legs outstretched before him as he pulled his book out.

His interest in the game, but not participating in it, coupled with his interests in healing got him thinking about specializing as an on-field medic for professional matches. He would get to travel, see all his favorite players, and practice healing. Until entering the academy, he had been dead-set on that path because he didn't really know what else was out there in terms of jobs. He never really wanted to get stuck in a hospital setting, though he knew he would have to for quite some time until he was skilled enough to specialize, if he so chose to.

He opened his book on his lap as the team's practice started. Not many other people sat around watching - mostly injured players, close friends, or significant others. It was cold out, but Parker's thick jumper and warming charm made that a non-issue.

He read while they warmed up, and then went between reading and watching as they actually started up their practice for the upcoming season. A strange sort of sadness began to settle in him, and he desperately hoped it was just the muggy weather...
    Back to top Go down

James Bradley

Fresh Air (James) Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Fresh Air (James)   Fresh Air (James) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:38 am

James had always loved Quidditch, having been a Chaser himself back in the day for Gryffindor, and never missed a chance to watch a game. Despite this, he had (strangely enough) opted not to join the University team for reasons he kept to himself. In truth, he simply did not think he would have time to focus on studies and be on a team; in Hogwarts years, he had sacrificed his study time and made other students do work for him. But this James Bradley was different - or at least, he tried to be different - and so, unwillingly, he had not signed himself up for try-outs.

That did not mean, however, that he didn't attend training. One of his good friends was on the team, and James always went to support him. The weather was not the best for a practise round, but he didn't really mind as he took his seat in one of the stands. It was times like this he missed the thrill of being in the air, of dodging bludgers and desperately trying to throw the quaffle into one of the hoops. Most of all, he missed flying as a team.

For almost two hours the team went about their routine, practising manoeuvres and strategies, until finally they ended with one last debrief. As they headed back to the castle, James hung back, not moving from his seat until he was sure nobody was left. Picking up his broom from beside him, he slowly made his way down to the pitch, glancing around as he did so.

He wasn't alone, after all. There was someone, who, he didn't recognize, seated at the opposite side of the stand he was in, head bent down over a book. Half a smile on his face, James left his broom on the ground and started over. Was the man also there to practise flying, or did he just come out to study? "Hey," he called out as soon as he was near enough. In friendly tones, he added, "What are you doing out here reading when you could be in a warmer place?"
    Back to top Go down
    Parker Emery
    Parker Emery
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

Fresh Air (James) Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Fresh Air (James)   Fresh Air (James) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:11 am

The practice itself wasn't much of anything special in Parker's opinion, probably half because it was still early in the school year and the other half being the cold weather. Nonetheless, it was still really interesting to see how differently they went about practices as compared to the Hogwarts teams - with players quite a bit older and from several different schools around the world.

Not quite done reading through the passage by the time the team's practice was over, Parker decided to stick around until he was finished. The fresh air and bit of sun made him feel quite a deal better, though he did renew the warming charm he'd placed around him as he began feeling the chill start to set in more. Most of the team headed back towards to castle, but a small number of bystanders remained, so it wouldn't seem too odd that he remained there as well.

Intent on finishing the rest of his reading, he didn't pay the others there much mind until he heard a voice calling out in his direction.

"Hey!"

Parker glanced up from his book, noticing a smiley blonde approaching. He looked around and behind him to make sure the blonde had actually been talking to him and then looked back towards him.

"What are you doing out here reading when you could be in a warmer place?"

As the man approached, Parker was fairly certain he recognized him from school and felt his stomach drop. His tone seemed friendly enough though, so it probably wasn't likely that he remembered Parker at all - why would he, honestly? "Oh... uh, well I wanted to watch the practice," he responded softly, a somewhat thick Irish accent peeking through his words. Trying to be casual, he then shrugged and he added on, "Plus, I've got warming charms. Cold's not too much of an issue, really."
    Back to top Go down

James Bradley

Fresh Air (James) Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Fresh Air (James)   Fresh Air (James) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:22 am

Holding back a chuckle as James saw the man glancing around. This alone told James a fair bit about him; he didn't have very many friends or people who talked to him, because if he did, there would have been an instant reaction of greeting. At least, that's what James knew from his days as 'Mr. Popular'. It was a very easy way of testing who was worth his time and who wasn't - he would randomly shout out 'Hey' in crowded hallways and make conversation with the first person who caught his eye.

There seemed to be an air of familiarity about the the wizard, although James had known many, many people, both well and in passing. He certainly did not expect to remember them all and to be blatant, he didn't care about more than half of them enough to know their names. Smiling a little, James motioned towards the empty field. "Practise's over. You had friends on the team?" he asked, actually making an effort in terms of conversation.

He had gone far too long - a few days - without meeting anyone knew and or making friends. As a social butterfly, he thrived on social situations, and anything other sapped him of energy. This was the perfect opportunity to get to know someone outside his course.

"Plus, I've got warming charms. Cold's not too much of an issue, really."

Nodding, James grinned. "Ah, smart man. I myself enjoy the chill," he replied, plonking himself down on the row below the other wizard. "I'm James, by the way. Auror-in-training. How bout you?"

Looking over his shoulder back at the pitch, he frowned a little to himself. He was getting itchy for a ride, but at the same time, the conversation seemed to be going okay; the man didn't seem to be too bad a person. Oh well, you can fly later he tried to tell himself as he looked back at the other man and waiting for an answer.
    Back to top Go down
    Parker Emery
    Parker Emery
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

Fresh Air (James) Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Fresh Air (James)   Fresh Air (James) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 5:27 pm

Parker didn't really think before acting half of the time, and after realizing how foolish he must have seemed looking around like that, he felt embarrassment start to seep in.

Parker didn't know many people that well, but those he did were either close friends or old bullies. Parker didn't really remember the blonde all the well - so even if he had bullied him, a lot of time must have passed since then, they were both likely very different people now.

"Practise's over. You had friends on the team?"

Already feeling embarrassed, Parker knew he must have looked it now. This guy would probably think he was weird for just sitting and watching strangers practice... "Er- well," Parker started with an unsure shrug. "Not really. I just like watching practices, and it's a nice place to study too, I guess." Extroverts usually wore Parker out quickly, but not remembering the last time he'd actually talked to someone outside of idle in-class chatter or the few times he'd passed Tess in the halls, he tried to put in the effort to keep up this conversation.

"I'm James, by the way. Auror-in-training. How bout you?"

Nice as James seemed to be, Parker realized he was still on-guard when he plopped down near him to keep talking. Parker tried to relax himself, but he had a feeling he wouldn't be able to until he figured out exactly how he knew the other man. "Parker, Healer-in-training." He responded with a nod. "I'm a first year too, I'm guessing you aren't?"

When James looked back over to the field and frowned, Parker frowned too. Was he keeping him from flying? Had he somehow bothered him and he was now trying to get Parker to leave the field politely?? "Oh -- you can go back to flying if you'd like. I mean, don't feel like you're stuck talking to me. I-I'll be out of here soon enough anyways." Parker said, stumbling over his words.
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Fresh Air (James) Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Fresh Air (James)   Fresh Air (James) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fresh Air (James)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1