Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Let's Chat (Codey)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Jaycie Simple
    Jaycie Simple
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

Let's Chat (Codey) Empty
    PostSubject: Let's Chat (Codey)   Let's Chat (Codey) EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 6:48 pm

Jaycie hovered awkwardly inside Professor Ellingston's office as she waited for him to arrive after class, just like he'd asked. While her usual mix of people-centric emotions were swirling around her body, a bubbling cocktail of fear, nerves, and anticipation, Jaycie was not truly dreading the conversation that was bound to happen. If anything, she was more curious than the rest of her confusing emotions. Needing something to distract her hands, Jaycie pulled her braid over her shoulder and started fiddling with the blonde strands of hair.

Class had gone better than she'd expected. She'd never really thought of her collection of understandings about the natural world to be knowledge, but come to think of it, it was knowledge. It was a strange thought, that Jay could be knowledgeable about something. That was a Ravenclaw thing, like Caelum. Caelum knew about many things. It was a nice realisation, though. Jaycie felt her faith in herself growing with each passing day, something that hadn't happened in her educational career before.

She stood and watched the room, weaving her hair between her fingers as she waited. The room was cool and organised, with some very tastefully placed furniture sets. It spoke volumes about Professor Ellingston, but they were things she'd already assumed about his person. His office just reaffirmed her observations. Behind her the door creaked and, startled, Jaycie turned and stepped back simultaneously in greeting of the Professor.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

Let's Chat (Codey) Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Let's Chat (Codey)   Let's Chat (Codey) EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 7:08 pm

Dismissing the class, Codey lingered behind for all the other students to leave with a, "Jaycie, my office, please." He wanted privacy for what he was about to share with her, with what he planned on asking, and the classroom was all to often entered by cleaners and the like. Waiting for everyone else to leave, he spent a few minutes cleaning up, gathering his notes and whatnot before moving to his office.

Opening the door, he hid a smile as the witch inside turned, instead nodding solemnly. "Please take a seat," he said, motioning to the two small couches he had placed in opposite side of the room, and not the hard wooden ones in front of his desk - those were reserved for problem makers and people he didn't like.

Neatly placing his books and loose sheets of papers on his desk, he went to a locked cabinet and removed something before wordlessly and wandlessly locking it back. Moving to his student, he took a seat opposite her. Not saying anything for a few more moments, he instead looked her over and made a few adjustments to what he wanted to say. Finally, he gave her a soft, reassuring smile. "I apologize for the abruptness at which I asked you here - I did not want to other students to think I was showing favouritism."

Pausing again, he summoned her paper from the stack on his desk, and placed it on the table before her. "The reason you are here is because I feel that you are - how do I put it - one of the better students. I would ask you to be my apprentice, and I your mentor, but-" he stopped again to smirk. "But you have no need for that. I have yet to believe my words with a hundred percent certainty, for I have not yet seen you in action or doing a practical, but I do not doubt your abilities."

Motioning once again to the paper, he didn't break eye contact. "Tell me, from dragon trainer to dragon trainer, how have you been innovative?"
    Back to top Go down
    Jaycie Simple
    Jaycie Simple
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

Let's Chat (Codey) Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Let's Chat (Codey)   Let's Chat (Codey) EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Jaycie did as she was told, flitting across the room and gently seating herself on one of the more comfortable looking couches that Professor Ellingston had signalled to. She sat stiff and upright, on the edge of the seat, not willing to relax yet. She'd dropped her hair and placed her hands together in her lap, not wanting to show just how nervous she was feeling.

Her curiosity piqued when the Professor moved to a cabinet and pulled out something she couldn't quite see. A moment later, he was seated across from her, the two seperated by an expensive-looking, dark wood coffee table. An unnerving silence followed, the room stone still. Jaycie held her breath while he regarded her, wondering where this encounter was going. She swallowed awkwardly past the lump that was slowly building a barricade in her throat. It was difficult to keep eye contact with him; he had an incredibly intense gaze.

Eventually his face broke into a smile; it crinkled the corners of his eyes but showed no teeth. Jaycie flicked the corners of her own mouth up in a shadow of the gesture. He began with an apology, to which Jaycie said nothing. It did not feel like an answer was required. Instead, she watched him intently, listening. Before he continued, he summoned over a sheet of paper from his desk and placed it on the coffee table before her. Jaycie immediately recognised her own handwriting and realised it must be the test from in class.

The next thing he said took Jaycie by surprise. Her eyes widened in disbelief. Did he honestly think she was up to par with him? That... was a bit of a shock, to say the least. He mentioned practical work, and how he'd like to see her in action with the dragons. Jaycie's mind was reeling. She thought she handled dragons well, never let them intimidate her despite all their shows of aggression. The Professor seemed to have an awful lot of confidence in her abilities and potential, and she wasn't used to it.

He kept eye contact as he motioned to the paper. Jaycie broke the contact and flickered her eyes down to examine what she'd written earlier. It took a moment for her brain to focus and unscramble the letters, especially with his gaze boring into her face. She scanned her words and then raised her eyes back up to meet his.

Jaycie had a faltering, stammering start. "Uh, well- I, um... I suppose I've noticed, um, when other people-" She couldn't help it and broke eye contact again, searching her hands for answers. Jaycie cleared her throat, her voice sounding smaller than usual. "I've noticed that when other people, uh, w-work with dragons, they really - um - focus on containing them. It's what a lot of books talk about, too." She darted a glance back up at the Professor, before continuing. "I've always been, um, been a watcher, I guess, and I, I, well, I think there's more to dragons than their, um, a-aggression. I've never once seen a trainer try- try to build a s-sense of trust with a dragon before." Jay sucked in a deep breath, hoping her words had made sense.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

Let's Chat (Codey) Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Let's Chat (Codey)   Let's Chat (Codey) EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Watching the girl, he hid a smirk, realizing that she was not very comfortable with, well, people. It didn't really matter to him - most dragon trainers were dragon trainers because they could not deal with people. In fact, some of the better ones he had worked with (including a rare few he deemed better than himself) were the most awkward around other humans, reducing to a timid, muttering-under-their-breath mess. Codey himself, of course, was not like this because he grew up with people first, and his love of dragons only developed later in life, after he was accustomed to the ways of a Pureblood.

Relaxing his own body posture when he spoke, he made sure not to give off any signals that would give the impression that he was an intimidating man - although that itself was not entirely possible to do, because he knew his eyes alone held the power of intimidating. "Years of staring down dragons," he would tell people. "They recognize weakness at once."

As she began to speak, he couldn't help but smirk a little as a stammer showed. Not unexpected, it was a trait he had gotten used to with some others, and it honestly did not bother him. Listening intently to her words, he nodded seriously, the smirk only growing wider with each word. Codey was not one to get things wrong, and the words being spoken - softly, but passionately and it had a ring of truth to it - had once again proved him right.

"Astounding," he commented the moment she finished, his tone very clear that he was not being sarcastic. He stopped there for a few more moments, gathering his own thoughts and planning out a course. If there was one thing this situation called for it was tact; the last thing he needed was misunderstandings between him, Jaycie, and the other students - and even perhaps other Professors.

"Trust? You wish to earn the trust of a dragon?" he finally asked, but didn't wait for a response before chuckling. "Impossible." A pause, then broke into a huge smile, eyes also beaming. "Or at least, that is what I was told when I suggested that to those I worked with. In the end, I was the one laughing. Hard, demanding, exhausting, and quite near impossible. Quite near."

Again he stopped to take in her reaction before continuing. "And you are right when you say containment is not the best way to go about it. It seems that innovation is not the right word to use - rather, perhaps, your ideology is the future of dragon training."

Opening the hand he had kept closed the entire time, he gently placed what appeared to be a marble on the table. It was a dull rusty colour, perfectly round, except for one end, which was very slightly flattered, as though someone had done their best to push it inwards but failed. It was due to this that it managed to sit still on the table, not wobbling or moving around.

Motioning to it, he asked, "I am sure you wondered why, when I gave out the eggs, I skipped over you. This is yours. I should hope you recognize it from the colour and its size. Originally I did not wish to give these out because of this species' tendency of enjoying human flesh, but I do believe you have what it takes. Keep in mind, Jaycie, that in order to prevent this dragon from considering you to be its first mean, containment and earning trust must go hand in hand. Even then, the dragon will still go for other humans, so please be very careful after it hatches."
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Let's Chat (Codey) Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Let's Chat (Codey)   Let's Chat (Codey) Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Chat (Codey)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1