Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Alcyone Malfoy
    Alcyone Malfoy
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey] Empty
    PostSubject: When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey]   When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey] EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Alcyone liked parties. She enjoyed being the center of attention, the warm glow she felt bubble up inside when she was able to rouse amused responses from her peers. She liked the opportunity to decorate herself in finer colours than that of a peacock's tail, but for all that the extravagance and attention was fun... Well, Alcy quite enjoyed being alone, too. She lived a glamorous lifestyle to say the least, and she wouldn't deny it if someone questioned her, but that didn't mean she had to always be draped in ivory and silk. Sometimes, though very rarely, Alcyone would don a pair of jeans and a baggy hood, and slip down to the forest that wasn't quite so frightening as the forbidden one had been at Hogwarts.

The brunet's lips twitched with a smile at the thought of her old school, a stray seam loose on the hem of her jumper snagging her finger's attention whilst her mind wandered past the trees of Merlin's Academy, and to the trees of somewhere that felt more like home than the walls of the manor in Wiltshire. She did miss Hogwarts, in that way one missed a childhood friend or a soft toy that had long since been abandoned to the trash. Still, while Merlin's Academy wasn't Hogwarts, she had no doubt that she'd come to love it too. Settling down on a log by the edge of the forest, Alcy drew her knees up to her chest and rested back against the trunk of a tree. It was sturdy and firm behind her, helping the brunet huddle into her comfy clothing and fight away the cold. She could light a fire in her hands. She didn't. For some reason, the cold bite of the wind was somehow comforting.
    Back to top Go down
    Humphrey Williams
    Humphrey Williams
    Dragon Trainers In-Training

PostSubject: Re: When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey]   When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey] EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:24 pm

Even though the next term was yet to start at MAE, Humphrey had decided to come back a little early and get settled back in. It felt a little strange that soon he would be starting his second year here already, because it felt more like he'd just started his first. He felt the cold breeze against him as he walked around the lake, not really bothered by it all that much. To be honest it felt kind of nice after the hot day it had been. Despite the breeze it was actually a pretty clear night, and he looked up at the stars as he walked. There was another two weeks until the next full moon, so he didn't have to worry about it at the moment. The night had its horrors for him at times, but when he wasn't struggling as a werewolf he was rather comfortable with it. Something about it just felt...peaceful.

Humphrey automatically started heading for the forest, which he'd gotten to know rather well over his first year here. From what he'd explored, he'd decided it was probably less dangerous than the forest at Hogwarts in his opinion. As long as you stayed on your toes while in it you came out okay. When he walked into the forest he was a little shocked to see somebody sitting on a log with her knees brought up to her chin. Running into somebody out here when school hadn't even started up again yet was not something he'd expected. Walking over, he tried to make out if he knew her but couldn't manage it. "Hello. I see somebody else thought it was a nice night for a walk. Would you mind some company?" he asked, not wanting to bother her if she'd rather be left alone.
    Back to top Go down
    Alcyone Malfoy
    Alcyone Malfoy
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

PostSubject: Re: When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey]   When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey] EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:35 pm

Really, Alcyone knew she shouldn't sit out in the cold. She despised being sick, and this was surely the kind of weather to encourage a cold, but the desire to move had been overwhelmed by her desire to stay where she was and preserve her body warmth. Had she just been lamenting the comfort of the cold? Hm. She must be losing her mind, clearly. Already, she was scarcely an adult, but she was exhibiting sure signs of madness. Her lips tugged up at the corners as she stifled a giggle behind her palm, a quick glance around revealing no one to see her laughing at herself. Right. She wasn't mad, and if anything had been going to drive her mad, it would've been living in the Malfoy Manor. As it were, she'd survived that.

She could survive anything. Except this cold. Sitting up a little, Alcyone pulled out her wand and muttered as she pointed at a branch. It caught aflame and she gripped the non-burning end, pulling it a little closer and holding out her mittened hands to warm them. Ah, that was somewhat better. Settling back into her huddled position, the brunet rested her chin on her knees and then startled violently at the sound of a voice. It was vaguely familiar, sending another tug at the nostalgia inside of her for a reason she couldn't quite place until her head lifted and her eyes met his face. Blinking rapidly, the honey-brown of her irises seemed to melt into liquid as the corners of her eyes crinkled with her delighted smile. "Humphrey? Humphrey Williams, is that you?" She knew the answer to her own question, already leaping to her feet and kicking some snow over the burning branch so she or Humphrey wouldn't accidentally catch on fire as she tackled him with a hug.
    Back to top Go down
    Humphrey Williams
    Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey]   When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey] EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:56 pm

As he got closer he noticed that she'd made a small fire to keep warm on the cool night. Humphrey thought that was a pretty good idea, but thought the girl still looked a bit chilled. Part of him considered offering the girl his jacket but figured it might be a little weird since he might not even know her. A strange guy walking up in a forest at night and offering a jacket would probably come across as rather creepy, and understandably so. Why he even thought things like this was a mystery to him, but even he knew he'd always been a little weird. Thinking strange things was something he'd gotten used to a long time ago.

When the girl looked up at him Humphrey was shocked to see somebody he knew staring up at him. Unless he was mistaken it was Alcyone Malfoy of all people, definitely not who he would expect to bump into out here in the forest. Before he could answer her question if it was him or not she'd gotten up and tackled him in a hug. He made a small groan noise when he hit the ground but found he didn't really care since it was Alcy. "Luckily for you it's Humphrey, or you would have just tackled some poor bloke for no reason. Good to see you too, Alcy." he said, with a laugh. Already he felt a smile appearing, he was happy to see one of his friends. Although he'd enjoyed his classes he hadn't really made many friends here at Merlin's, which was probably his own fault. It would be nice to have somebody here that he could talk to.
    Back to top Go down
    Alcyone Malfoy
    Alcyone Malfoy
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

PostSubject: Re: When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey]   When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey] EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 4:15 am

Her boots scuffed in the most satisfyingly soft way against the very thin layer of snow which padded the ground, and would likely melt when it was later on in the day. Early morning was the perfect time for the frost from the night before to solidify itself. She grinned vividly when their bodies went crashing back against the powdered ground, golden-brown locks of straightened hair halo'ing her features when she pushed herself up onto her hands over him. He looked as she remembered him, but then different all at once. Humphrey had been awkwardly tall in their youth - lanky, and almost stretched, far too skinny for his own good. It'd come with those growth spurts he'd gotten in sixth year.

Now, he looked like he'd recovered from them. He'd filled into his own form, still skinny but in a less alarming manner. His cheekbones were still sharp though, eyes as soft and warm as they'd always been, and his hair a rumpled, curly mess on the top of his head that had always been endearing. "You say that like I don't make a habit out of tackling strangers," it was simple to slip back into being comfortable with him. They hadn't talked in at least a year, but she still remembered the comfortable familiarity, the warmth of his presence that was almost as soothing to her as being alone. After a moment of just beaming at him, all bright smile and bright eyes, she collected herself off of the ground and held out a hand to him. "How have you been? I can't believe we both ended up here!" And of course, it made sense that she didn't know where he'd ended up after school now. He couldn't have told her, even if he'd wanted to.
    Back to top Go down
    Humphrey Williams
    Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey]   When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey] EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 7:21 am

It wasn't that much of a surprise to see Alcy smiling as she tackled him to the ground. Humphrey found himself smiling a little as well, as he watched her hair swirl around her. Looking at her, he thought that she looked pretty much the same as always, which was to say beautiful. It was good to see her again, especially since that probably meant she was going to be studying here now. The coming term probably wouldn't be as lonely for him as the last one was, which was something to be grateful for. They'd always gotten along well with each other and he doubted anything had changed in that regard.

When she commented about making a habit of tackling strangers he simply quirked an eyebrow at her. Yes she'd always been friendly but that seemed a bit far-fetched even for her. "Well I would hope not. Do you?" Humphrey asked. For a moment she simply sat there and smiled at him and he couldn't help smiling back. He probably would never admit it, but he really had missed her. Eventually she moved from on top of him and got up before offering him a hand which he took as he also stood. The light covering of snow had cushioned the fall so he wasn't sore thankfully. "I've been doing alright, to be honest it's been lonely though. The Dragon Training stuff is cool, though, so it makes up for that some." he explained. "As for both ending up here I'm not too surprised. You've always been smart enough to get into any school you wanted." he replied with a shrug.
    Back to top Go down
    Alcyone Malfoy
    Alcyone Malfoy
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

PostSubject: Re: When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey]   When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey] EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 6:49 pm

"Humphrey, dear, where would the fun be in me telling you all of my secrets~?" She teased with a coy smile, lifting a hand up to fix her hair. Old habits were old habits, and Alcyone had no intention of breaking the habit of preening herself constantly.

Even so, if she was just wearing her comfortable clothing, she could at least look good whilst doing so. "Lonely?" The corners of Alcyone's lips turned down a little at the suggestion, the meaning laced heavy in his words. Oh, she didn't quite like the sound of that. She did like her loner time, hence why she'd been tucked away in the forest, but being lonely was not a feeling Alcyone was accustomed to. Then again, she'd had Jaycie by her side for as long as she could remember, and her tiny little pocket of sunshine chased away the darkness even on the rainiest, British days. "Oh, you do dragon training? Fascinating! You did always love dragons. Do tell me, how are your classes? Are you doing well?" She asked, enthusiastic as always.

A bright pink painted her cheeks when he complimented her intelligence, and she laughed, waving a hand but feeling delighted under the praise. "Oh hush, you, always such a flatterer," she laughed, flicking an idle strand of hair away from her face.
    Back to top Go down
    Humphrey Williams
    Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey]   When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey] EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 10:31 pm

A laugh escaped at the reply he should have expected her to answer with. She may have grown up a little, but Humphrey was pleased to see Alcy was still the same in some ways. "You have a point, I suppose. If you told me it would take away the fun of trying to figure them all out. Which would most assuredly be a shame." he said happily. When she fiddled with her hair he noticed Flick wasn't nestling in it like usual. "Where's Flick got off to?" he asked, arching an eyebrow at her. Some things he may let slide but he was rather fond of her pet and wanted to say hello.

Humphrey nodded slowly, not liking that he'd made her frown. Talking about things like this were still hard for him, even with somebody he trusted as much as Alcy. "Well yeah. I had a few good friends at Hogwarts but you know I've never been a social butterfly. Plus, if I don't let people get close there's less chance they'll notice my big secret." he explained. "It's enough having the people who need to know." Hopefully she'd understand his reasoning and not push too hard about it. After all he did talk to people from time to time, he didn't shut himself away completely. "The classes are going alright, room for improvement but not doing poorly. Working with them goes a little easier than the exams and memorization needed, but I manage."

As soon as he saw Alcy start to blush Humphrey couldn't help but smirk a little, pleased that he could still do that. "Nice to know I can still cause a blush." he told her with a wink. Thinking about it a little, he relented slightly. "Okay fine, I'll only compliment you half as much if it'll make you feel better. That's the best I can do."
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey]   When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey] Empty

Back to top Go down

When The Wolves Come Out [Humphrey]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1