Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Cordial Correspondances (MyTea)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage

Mycroft Holmes

Cordial Correspondances (MyTea)  Empty
    PostSubject: Cordial Correspondances (MyTea)    Cordial Correspondances (MyTea)  EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 10:31 pm

Miss Finn,

I must say that you departure from this institution was a bit of a let down after all the talk we had at our previous meeting. It's good to see that we had so much in common, yet so tragic it had to end so shortly. So, in a very out of character way of doing this, I have found myself doing research in a way to find you again. (And here I must correct myself by saying that by me doing research I had my assistant do it. I figured you wouldn't buy the lie so here's the honesty.)

And while I cannot pinpoint your exact location, I was promised that this letter would be sent directly to your location. So I suppose that this is my way of being able to contact you again. Maybe see if this, whatever we'd like to determine it to be, can continue, at least in the form of letters.

This is by no means a way to force you to reply, but I figured I could try.

Sincerely,
    Mycroft Holmes

Back to top Go down
    Teagan Finn
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Cordial Correspondances (MyTea)    Cordial Correspondances (MyTea)  EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 11:26 pm

June 19th, 2015

Mycroft,

I hope this letter sees you well. I'm glad to know that someone at that castle will miss me, at least. As sad as I was to hear Dorian had to close my classes for the foreseeable future, they need me more at the Ministry for the time being.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you where I am. The work we're doing...it's important that we keep the circle as closed as possible. Just know that I'm being as safe as I can be.

I really was surprised to receive your letter. Our time at the Carnival, and since, has been lovely. And I won't lie in saying that having someone to write gives me some small reprieve from my day to day tasks.

Since it's summer, do you plan to holiday anywhere? I can imagine it would be nice to spend time with your family. I hope to hear from you soon. I don't know when I'll be able to respond, but I will.

- Teagan

Last edited by Teagan Finn on Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    https://merlinsacademy.rpg-board.net

Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Cordial Correspondances (MyTea)    Cordial Correspondances (MyTea)  EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 11:37 pm

From the Desk of Mycroft Holmes

July 7, 2015

Teagan,

It seems that your letter got lost under the pile of letters sent to my office, and for that I apologize for the late correspondence. I have to say, that it is a shame that the Headmaster did close cursebreaking, but it all seems that it worked in your favor. At least in the fact that you are able to go on your missions that are so secretive. I cannot help but think that someone could be reading this that isn't you. I find that quite amusing, yet I will keep this formal for the sale of propriety.

Summer so far is simply moving from one job to the other. Now that I've left the school I find myself over cauldrons, filling phials and testing experiments that could be beneficial for the sake of the potions market. If possible, I have gotten significantly paler as I find myself working alongside other potioneers. I quite enjoy it, especially as it allows me to escape my family and their unnecessary commentary on my life, my sisters, and their drama.

The only kin I've spent time with was my sister and that was merely for a potions convention which we both attended for the sake of her knowledge of business, and most importantly, the way older people underestimate our brand. It's quite amusing. Are you into business and meetings? I only ask for the sake of maybe bringing you one day so you see how it is disputed. The passive aggression is quite amusing.

Are you able to visit your family? You rarely do speak about it?

Much pleasantry,

Mycroft
    Back to top Go down
    Teagan Finn
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Cordial Correspondances (MyTea)    Cordial Correspondances (MyTea)  EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 1:13 am

August 3rd, 2015

Mycroft,

Propriety, eh? I guess I shall follow suit. No need to have something untoward read by a stranger.

Do not worry about the time. As you can imagine I'm being kept rather busy with the goings on here. And I do apologize for the state of my owl. Ferdy doesn't care too much for desert heat, and he may be rather cranky on arrival. A few treats, though, and he should be rather content to stay at MAE with you, I expect.

You, pale? I could never have imagined it! Not that I mind. While I'm getting all the sun my complexion could possibly want here, you may remember that when given time up north, I can be quite ghostly myself. If memory serves me right, you pull off the look rather nicely.

In most cases, meetings of any sort put me right to sleep. Honestly, Dorian's staff meetings have been my only slightly pleasant experience with them. Maybe it's my nature, and my career choice, but I feel more comfortable with dirt under my nails and sand in my hair. But I think it could be amusing, seeing how the other side lives.

I've connected with a couple relatives in the last few weeks, but not much time to see them. They're from my father's side, and I'm not very close to them. My dad spends most of his time at our home in London. He rarely leaves, so wouldn't be able to visit me even if I could ask him to. It's just he and I, and that's a story for a whole other day.

Are you excited for school to start up soon? I never really imagined myself as a teacher, but returning to MAE last year was actually rather fun. I find I quite miss it now. Though maybe not the grading.

Hope all is well,

- Teagan
    Back to top Go down
    https://merlinsacademy.rpg-board.net

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cordial Correspondances (MyTea)    Cordial Correspondances (MyTea)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Cordial Correspondances (MyTea)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    Merlin's Academy for Excellence  :: Alternate Stories of MAE :: 
    To The Ends of the Earth & Time
     :: You've Got Owl
    -