Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~

Merlin's Academy for Excellence


 
HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

  • MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

  • CHARACTERS NEEDED

    None at the moment


    Share | 
     

     Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)

    View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    Go to page : 1, 2  Next
    AuthorMessage
    avatar
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

    Posts : 208

    PostSubject: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:49 pm

    Hey Tiff! So this is how it works. You'll be faced with options later on, and you just need to RP your charrie's emotions, feelings, etc, as well as what they choose to do. Include that at the end of your post in bold (or any other obvious manner).

    For example:

    Brooke exited the hall, already excited. She couldn't wait to get started. As she moved out, she couldn't help but see the trunk. Curious, she approached it and at once it began to rattle. [random stuff about how she feels, etc] Deciding it was best to open it, she took out her wand and stood at a distance to be safe and muttered, Alohomora

    Choice B: Open with Alohomora

    _________________________________________________________
    This masterpiece was made by the ever-talented Alley! <3

    Spoiler:
     
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    avatar
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

    Posts : 208

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:49 pm

    [[OOC: This is the start. Very Happy]]

    The Great Hall emptied out; each of the people hoping to have a turn in the tournament. The centre of attention comes from the area where the podium rests. At the top of the stairs was a pedestal holding a wide chest. It is not only that someone would instantly be attracted to; it is a bit shabby, and not to mention very torn. There are hints of water damage; the lock is tightly and made of a strong metal. The key lies on the side of the chest. 
     
    Once you approach it, it begins to rattle.

    What do you want to do? 
     
    A) Open the Trunk by hand
    B) Open with Alohomora 
    C) Ignore and continue walking down the hall.

    _________________________________________________________
    This masterpiece was made by the ever-talented Alley! <3

    Spoiler:
     


    Last edited by Codey Ellingston on Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    avatar
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

    Posts : 186

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:27 pm

    The Opening Ceremony for the Tournament had been as most usually were: full of grand words a too few details. Regardless, Teagan was intrigued. She'd been too young for the Tri-Wizard when she was at Hogwarts. So, if she was going to have any chance at a bit of controlled adventure, before heading off into the world of Cursebreaking, it would have to be now.

    As everyone seemed to be filing out of the hall, her hands slipped into her bag, looking for her class list for the new set of lessons. After a few moments of searching, she realized it was tucked in a book, left back where she'd been sitting. "Go ahead, Tom. I'll catch up with you in the courtyard," she called.

    It didn't take her long to find it, as she'd been easily perched near the front of the room. Looking up near the podium, where Professor Ashworth had given his speech, she spotted a strange little chest. A few years into attendance at the Academy, and enough lessons to boot, had Teagan's hackles instantly raised. Intentional changes were one thing. Surprises...those were another.

    Setting her bag down by the stands, she approached it with caution, wand at the ready. No sound in the hall meant she was alone. It could be nothing, Teagan told herself. The chest wasn't much to look at, old and worn, but years on digs with her father had taught her not to dismiss such an item.

    A dull glint caught her eye as she noticed the key laying next to it. With her wand still poised, she reached for it. No need to aim magic at an unknown object if the key was accessible. Slowly, she slid it into the formidable lock. Taking a deep breath, she tried to turn it in the hole.

    A) Open the Trunk by hand
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://merlinsacademy.forumotion.com
    avatar
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

    Posts : 208

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:35 pm

    You decide to be brave and open the trunk using the key. At first, nothing happens; it appears to be empty, but before you have a chance to look properly, something starts to emerge. Stepping back, you watch in absolute horror as a black mist hovers in front of you.
     
    A few seconds pass, and then, before your very eyes, it suddenly turns into the thing you fear the most.
     
    It's a boggart! You realize you cannot run; you must defeat the creature before you can move on. Preparing yourself, you face off with your worst fear.
     

    Defeat the boggart to receive your next clue.

    _________________________________________________________
    This masterpiece was made by the ever-talented Alley! <3

    Spoiler:
     
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    avatar
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

    Posts : 186

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:58 pm

    And....nothing, she thinks, as Teagan peers into a dark, empty box. Really need to get a life, Finn. Too many trips through Professor Raime's little "trials" had her so on edge the Junior was seeing curses everywhere.

    A small laugh died in her throat, however, when the darkness inside the chest started moving. Her smirk fell as what appeared to be a dense fog emerged from the small box and started to take form in front of her.

    Bollocks.

    A Boggart, of course. Teagan hated being right once in a while. The swirling darkness soon slowed and paled into the all too familiar form. Not ten feet from the young woman stood a grotesquely rotting mummy. Not the ones you see in muggle museums, all dried out and laying peacefully in their sarcophagus. No, this one was gory, and rotting, and all manner of disgusting descriptors. But that wasn't all. As it shuffled towards her, one mangled hand reaching out, bandages started falling away from the face. Revealing, as Teagan always expected, the misshapen face of her mother.

    "Help me..." it wheezed. "My baby girl..."

    Anxiety crept up Teagan's throat, threatening to choke her. Her training had prepared her for this. She knew it wasn't real. But that thought didn't stop her wand hand from shaking as she raised it higher at the ready.

    "Riddikulus," she murmured. And still the mummy kept moving. It was a slow pace, but Teagan took a few steps back.

    One full, deep breath, and she stood her ground. "Riddikulus." A clear, even tone, with her head held high. This time, the spell hit true, in the center of the mummy's chest. Like an explosive at a party, the entire being burst into an assortment of rainbow colored ribbons, a happy noise maker sound emitting from it.

    A short laugh escaped Teagan as the ribbons dissolved into the black mist from before.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://merlinsacademy.forumotion.com
    avatar
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

    Posts : 208

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:01 am

    Despite the hiccup in the beginning you successfully managed to defeat the boggart, good job!
     
    Immediately the boggart descends back to the chest. Taking a few moments to relax, you can’t help but notice something has fallen out and is laying on the ground just in front of the trunk. You go and pick it up and find it is a scroll that reads:
     
    The next path is one that leads you to the most vicious yet magnificent beasts to ever roam our magical realm. Despite their brash nature, they are tameable, if you have a strong heart. This place is always warm from the fire emitted from the beast. Come find the next clue. It will be tied to the entrance.
     
    Where do you go?

    _________________________________________________________
    This masterpiece was made by the ever-talented Alley! <3

    Spoiler:
     
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    avatar
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

    Posts : 186

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:23 pm

    A small knot of tension slowly unraveled itself inside Teagan's chest. They'd gone through enough training with Boggart's in her classes that she should have been more prepared. As it was, she was glad to see the thing returning to it's chest.

    Just as she would have walked away, figuring the thing a trick of some young student or such, a piece of parchment caught her eye. She bent down to pick it up, figuring it was some sort of signature of the prankster. As her eyes scanned the words, Teagan's brow furrowed in disbelief.

    It had begun.

    The witch had considered participating. She'd even gone so far as to wonder what it would be like to win. But she'd imagined some grand collection of the participants or something. Not a...scavenger hunt of tests. Not that it was bad, really. It had just been unexpected.

    Stuffing the scroll into her pocket, she gathered up her bag and tried to act normal. There was no telling how the other competitors were doing, or even how their own trials were progressing. She could only thank Merlin that it was a Friday, and she wouldn't have to worry about homework or classes for a few days now.

    Teagan headed out of the Great Hall and towards the grounds. At first, a few different animals had come to mind. Both terrifying yet majestic, she was a fan of magical creatures. But it was the fire hint that gave the clue away. She'd taken an extra class here and there in Dragon-Training over the years, just in case she came across something in her field that needed the knowledge. And a few of her friends were in that major. So, she knew right where to go.

    As she walked closer to the pens, sharp cries sounded in the late afternoon air.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://merlinsacademy.forumotion.com
    avatar
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

    Posts : 208

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:42 pm

    After thinking about it, you figure out what you hope is the right answer, and walk towards the dragon stables. The heat is felt immediately when nearing the grounds; the need to see fire is unnecessary, as the heat emitted from their warm bodies is felt even on the grounds.
     
    You approach the fenced off area and notice that there are four separate paths with different coloured tiles that lead to the stables. There is a gate blocking each path and a signboard nearby that has a note on it.
     
    It reads:
     
    There are four paths that lead you may take. Each path holds a different journey, and you may only take one. Don't take too long to decide! Once you have chosen, simply speak the colour name and the gate will open. Beware not to stray off the path, and good luck.


     

    Which path will you take?


    A) The red path 
    B) The blue path
    C) The green path
    D) The bronze path

    _________________________________________________________
    This masterpiece was made by the ever-talented Alley! <3

    Spoiler:
     
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    avatar
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

    Posts : 186

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:51 pm

    So, Mel said just to pick answers at this point, to move things along. If need be, I can write posts. Just let me know if you need more than just answers for any of it Smile

    B) The blue path
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://merlinsacademy.forumotion.com
    avatar
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

    Posts : 208

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:53 pm

    You follow the blue path down to a door. After opening it, you step inside to find that you are in an enclosure. In front of you, behind thick and enchanted glass, is a dragon. The scales are a blueish-silverish hue and as you watch, it breathes out a bright blue flame. It is so hot that you can feel it from where you are standing and it makes you sweat.
     
    Looking around, you notice that, in front of the glass, is a sheet of paper and a quill. On the paper are 3 questions, which you must answer in order to get your next clue.
     
    The questions are:
     
    1) What is the name of the dragon?
     
    2) How long is the dragon?
     
    3) Where is it commonly found?
     
    Answer the questions correctly to receive your next clue. Answers can be placed in a spoiler or left at the end of the post in bold or colour.

    _________________________________________________________
    This masterpiece was made by the ever-talented Alley! <3

    Spoiler:
     
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    avatar
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

    Posts : 186

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:02 pm

    1) Swedish Short-Snout

    2) Inconclusive, due to its lack of human contact

    3) Northern mountains of Sweden
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://merlinsacademy.forumotion.com
    avatar
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

    Posts : 208

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:08 pm

    It takes some time and effort, but you are able to find the answers. You place them back on the table and a few seconds later, it disappears in a puff of green smoke. You got it right! A fresh question paper appears for the next person, and beside it, a scroll. You pick it up and read.
     
    It says:
     
    Your journey continues on to the place where many things grow. Big, small, magical and non, these things provide us with oxygen; without them we could not survive. Kept at a constant temperature, this place is home to hundreds of these items, carefully taken care of by our gardeners.
     
    Where do you go? (Please place your answer at the bottom in bold or colour, just like you would when given options.)

    _________________________________________________________
    This masterpiece was made by the ever-talented Alley! <3

    Spoiler:
     
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    avatar
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

    Posts : 186

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:12 pm

    Go to the Greenhouses
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://merlinsacademy.forumotion.com
    avatar
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

    Posts : 208

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:13 pm

    You figure out what you hope is the right answer and start out towards the grounds.
     
    Arriving at the greenhouses, you see a sign on the door that points towards a path leading into the forest. Following it, you walk for a few minutes before you see something up ahead. On the ground you see a plant blocking your way. It covers the entire path and is a dark colour. At first it appears to be a soft, springy mass of roots, but as you approach it comes to life and starts to move, almost like a pile of snakes. You have to get past it in order to continue, and as you look around, you find nothing to help you.
     
    Deciding to use magic, you slip out your wand and prepare to cast. As you are about to, however, you think of a second option - you can try and run past it.
     
    What do you do?
     
    A) Move wand in rainbow motion
    B) Move wand in loop the loop motion 
    C) Run

    _________________________________________________________
    This masterpiece was made by the ever-talented Alley! <3

    Spoiler:
     
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    avatar
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

    Posts : 186

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:21 pm

    B) Move wand in loop the loop motion
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://merlinsacademy.forumotion.com
    avatar
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

    Posts : 208

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:22 pm

    Concentrating, you move your wand in a quick loop the loop motion, and almost at once the tip lights up. The white glow seems to have an immediate reaction on the plant, which retracts at once and off the path into the thickets. The path is now clear! Keeping your wand alight, you make your way forward, past the Devil’s Snare, and it is only once you are clear of the patch that you extinguish the light.
     
    As you make down the path, it starts to get brighter and you can start to notice the sun peeking through the trees above. Finally after what seems to be a good 15 minutes, you reach a split in the path.
     
    There are no signs or any other clues to tell you where to go. However, as you look around, you realize they go in opposite directions. One seems to be heading back towards the lake on castle grounds, and the other appears to lead further away – towards the sea. You spend a few moments thinking about this before making a decision.
     
    Where do you go?
     
    A) Towards the sea
    B) Towards the lake

    _________________________________________________________
    This masterpiece was made by the ever-talented Alley! <3

    Spoiler:
     
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    avatar
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

    Posts : 186

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:24 pm

    A) Towards the sea
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://merlinsacademy.forumotion.com
    avatar
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

    Posts : 208

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:24 pm

    You decide to take the path that you think leads to the sea, and you are right! After leading you out of the forest and down a road, you arrive at a jetty over the sea. Looking around you find a piece of paper on one of the pillars.
     
    It reads:
     
    Your next clue is attached to the purple flag.
     
    It takes a little while but you locate the purple flag – it is floating a few meters away in the sea. How are you going to get it? Doing a quick scan of the area you see there is a boat with two paddles, but it is a small boat and needs quite a bit of man power to move. You have one other option, which is to swim.
     
    What do you do?


    A) Brave the cold winter water and swim for the flag

    B) Use the boat

    _________________________________________________________
    This masterpiece was made by the ever-talented Alley! <3

    Spoiler:
     
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    avatar
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

    Posts : 186

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:28 pm

    A) Brave the cold winter water and swim for the flag
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://merlinsacademy.forumotion.com
    avatar
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

    Posts : 208

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:29 pm

    You decide to jump in and swim because it seems easier than rowing. The water is very cold and by the time you reach and grab the flag, you are starting to shiver. Exiting the sea, you feel your teeth chattering and have to spend a few extra minutes trying to get warm.
     
    Finally, when you are no longer shivering, you open the scroll and read the following:
     
    Used in times of war for easy access to the castle, this area has not been forgotten. It is used nowadays as a means of entering and exiting the castle undetected by student.
     
    Attached to the note is a short description of how to get to this area, but before you can finish reading it, the note vanishes. At least you had a chance to read the first part, so you start towards the direction it mentioned.
     
    Walking towards the castle, you suddenly notice you are not alone. On a rock nearby is a mermaid, watching you while she swishes her tail. She smiles at you and you stop to consider your options.
     
    What do you do?
     
    A) Approach and ask for directions

    B) Ignore her

    _________________________________________________________
    This masterpiece was made by the ever-talented Alley! <3

    Spoiler:
     
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    avatar
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

    Posts : 186

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:33 pm

    Teagan would be hesitant to trust the Mermaid, but would figure it wouldn't hurt to hear what she has to say

    A) Approach and ask for directions
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://merlinsacademy.forumotion.com
    avatar
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

    Posts : 208

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:34 pm

    You decide to ask her for directions, and approach her. It turns out she is very friendly and gives you two options. You can either hear a riddle and answer that for a secret present or just get directions. She tells you if you choose to receive a riddle, you will have two minutes to think of an answer and only one guess.
     
    If you give the wrong answer, there will be no penalties and she will still give you the directions, but if you get it right, she will give you something special. She doesn’t say if it will help you or not in the rest of the tournament.
     
    What do you decide?
     
    A) Take the riddle

    B) Decline the riddle and just ask for directions

    _________________________________________________________
    This masterpiece was made by the ever-talented Alley! <3

    Spoiler:
     
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    avatar
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

    Posts : 186

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:38 pm

    A) Take the riddle
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://merlinsacademy.forumotion.com
    avatar
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

    Posts : 208

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:39 pm

    You decide to go for a riddle. Repeating her rules, she reminds you that you only have two minutes and one guess to answer the riddle, but that giving a wrong answer has no consequences. She asks if you are ready to hear it, and then gives you the riddle:
     
    I am not the smallest but I am also not the biggest in the shop. I am usually noisy, but one act can stop me from speaking out. I am sweet and sought after by many children and adults alike. Some find me delicious while others fine me repulsive. I move, yet I am not alive. I make my home in a star-like object. I share my home with many different people. What am I?
     

    Please place your answer at the bottom of the post in bold or colour.

    _________________________________________________________
    This masterpiece was made by the ever-talented Alley! <3

    Spoiler:
     
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    avatar
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

    Posts : 186

    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:42 pm

    Chocolate Frog
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://merlinsacademy.forumotion.com

    Sponsored content



    PostSubject: Re: Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)   

    Back to top Go down
     

    Tournament Test Run 2 (Tiffy)

    View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

     Similar topics

    -
    » The Tournament Of Heroes! (Titans East)
    » July Jubilation - INFORMATION - READING COMPREHENSION TEST
    » Iccy's Flying Machine, Mk 10, Test 1
    » Mary Sue Test
    » An Assassin's Test

    Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    Merlin's Academy for Excellence  :: Welcome! :: Saved Posts-