Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Wouldn't It Be Nice (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Humphrey Williams
    Humphrey Williams
    Dragon Trainers In-Training

Wouldn't It Be Nice (open) Empty
    PostSubject: Wouldn't It Be Nice (open)   Wouldn't It Be Nice (open) EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 1:41 am

Avalon's Winter Wonderland was something Humphrey felt he didn't feel like he quite fit in at, aside from one section of it. The crowds of people and the unending cheer kind of grated on his nerves, but there was a quiet path they had put up that he found he quite enjoyed. It was called Lover's Path; and, despite the fact Humphrey had no sweetheart he was a romantic. Being on the edge of the festive atmosphere instead of in it was something he found he enjoyed, and it gave him time to think on his own without the constant movement of people there always was at Merlin's. A few of the days he'd even brought his notebook out here and started writing, in spite of the cold weather. As long as he dressed warmly, Humphrey actually found he enjoyed the invigorating cold. When he was tired after a long day, it woke him up and sharpened his senses.

While he walked along the near empty path, his thoughts started to wander towards the fact that he was lonely. His friend Alcyone Malfoy hadn't been in contact, and aside from her he hadn't really felt comfortable around anybody at the academy. He was well aware it was more than likely his fault for not making more of an effort, but it was kind of a bummer that Alcy wasn't around to talk to. After they'd stopped talking, he had realized that a part of him had cared for her as more than a friend. If he had realized it earlier, perhaps they could have been more than simply friends. Now that they'd lost contact though, he doubted he would get the chance with her again. Wouldn't it be nice if Alcy had liked him back, wanted to be with him. Wouldn't it be nice to walk down this path, hand interlaced with hers as they enjoyed their own personal bubble. When he'd spend time with Alcyone, the world had seemed a much brighter place than it did now. Without her, it felt like there was something off kilter inside of him. The truth was, he missed her.

Taking a seat off the edge of the path under a tree, Humphrey curled up as tears started to fall. To be honest it was more than missing Alcyone at the root of this, it was the fact he knew that he had wasted his time at Merlin's Academy up to this point. He had only tried half as hard as he could have in class, he hadn't made friends like he'd promised himself to; and, not only that, he got along terribly with the professor of his major, the man who taught Dragon Training. It was time for him to start making changes, but before that he had to let out all the anxiety he'd been bottling up. That was why the young wizard was crying on the edge of a lover's path, the tears falling thick and fast. Humphrey felt lost, and it was his own doing. If he moved forward and stayed at Merlin's, he needed to do better. Otherwise, he was simply wasting his time and his money. Wiping away a few of the tears with the heel of his hand, he tried to calm his ragged breathing. Slowly, but surely, he started to compose himself. "Wouldn't it be nice if I could do this year over again. I could have done so much differently." he whispered to himself, oblivious to the world around him as he sat, arms hugging his legs and his chin on his knees, beneath a tree on the edge of Lover's Path.

Last edited by Humphrey Williams on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Melody Lovegood
    Melody Lovegood
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice (open)   Wouldn't It Be Nice (open) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 9:35 pm

She hadn't planned on going back here but she liked the Lover's path. It was a peaceful place to gather her thoughts and she wasn't sure what else to do at the carvinal. She didn't know who she would send a secret santa gift to and she wasn't sure about the rides. Plus she couldn't skate all that well.

Walking around the path she noticed someone underneath one of the trees. Wondering if the person was resting or had passed out she cautiously made her way over to them. "Hey," she said once she was in front of the boy. "Are you alright?" She hoped he didn't think she was being nosy.

"You look sad." Maybe that wasn't the best thing to say but it was true. She wasn't sure what else to say anyway. "Err, I'm Melody." The snow fell slowly around them as she waited for an answer. She wondered if he had been stood up here. Or he could have just thought this was a nice place, she was beggining to realize that more people than she might think could have the same view of this place as she does. "I'm sorry if I'm prying."
    Back to top Go down
    Humphrey Williams
    Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice (open)   Wouldn't It Be Nice (open) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 10:12 pm

Humphrey looked up when he heard a girl's voice break the silence of the night, his forearm instantly going up to wipe away a few more tears that had started to fall down his cheeks. The girl probably knew very well that he wasn't alright, or she would have kept walking in all probability. It would do no good to snap at somebody though, especially since she was most likely trying to be helpful. "Not really, miss. Kind of been regretting how I've lived the past year of my life." he said bluntly. There was no need to go dancing around the truth when it could be summed up so easily.

"Yes, well, you have a good eye." he told her, smiling sadly before holding out his hand to her. Humphrey had been about to ask her name but the girl had beaten him to it. "And I'm Humphrey, err, Humphrey Williams that is. I go to Merlin's. Studying Dragon Training. To be honest, didn't think anybody would find me here, which was part of the reason I came. But, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a little company." he said, patting a spot on the ground next to him. "This tree's rather nice, if you lean back against it you can see the stars quite easily." he whispered quietly, wanting a way to distract her so he could try to compose himself. He was still a bit nervous and felt awkward since he'd been interrupted in such a vulnerable state.
    Back to top Go down
    Melody Lovegood
    Melody Lovegood
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice (open)   Wouldn't It Be Nice (open) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 11:40 pm

She knew what he meant. Well she didn't exactly regret the entire past year of her life but who didn't have some regrets? She had some serious worries too. A lot had changed since Hogwarts and she wasn't sure where she was going to end up. She wished she had some great advice for him but she didn't even know what his regrets were.

"Thank you," she said, not sure what else to say and a bit taken back because of that response. She didn't know what she had expected him to say but that wasn't it. He went on about going to Merlin's. "I go there too. Studying Potioneering." She hadn't expected to be here herself. "I knew a Humphrey Williams when I went to Hogwarts. Nice guy." She thought back to Hogwarts and Humphrey. Maybe she could have known him better but she couldn't turn back time anymore than this guy could.

Taking his advice she sat down next to him and looked up at the stars. She was careful not to look at him when she did so thinking he migt need to compose herself. The stars were easy to spot dispite the snow fall.
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice (open)   Wouldn't It Be Nice (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wouldn't It Be Nice (open)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1