Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) Empty
    PostSubject: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 3:02 am

Daniel Jameson. He had, for whatever reason, missed the first lessons of class and as such, had not been in the know for his assignments. Now, while Codey despised his last name - and his family - he had not been disowned, simply because he was the heir, when and if he decided to get married. One thing he appreciated, and this term used very lightly, about his father was how traditional he was: he wanted his first-born son the be the heir, and only after he got married. Of course, Codey knew that if they both died before he did so, it would still go to him, and that was his ultimate plan.

Quite honestly, he did not care for the whole Pureblood thing, if not for the power his name held. While not everyone still followed the 'Purebloods are better' thing, some people still did. In those situations, Codey knew exactly how to use his name. The Jamesons were, he knew vaguely, another Pureblood family. Rank wise, he wasn't quite sure which family was more prominent, nor did he care. He was the Professor, he would make the boy respect him, bringing in whatever he needed in order to do so.

Codey had already looked over the information of they boy, obtained from his previous school. How Codey got these records was a secret, because it had involved money, a pub meeting, and a slide of hand exchange, that nobody knew about. But, he still had them, and he had studied them for a few hours before sending an owl calling for the boy to come see him in his office.

Dragon training was something Codey was serious about, and if his students weren't giving their best, then he saw no point in even having them. Merlin's Academy was a top notch institute with the best students, and he was a top notch dragon trainer. If they wanted him to teach, he would teach, but in his own terms - that meant only those he deemed were truly passionate about this course.

He had locked his office door, wanting to see how Daniel responded to having to knock and not just barge his way in. This was definitely going to be interesting - a battle of wills, so to speak, from what he had seen and read about the boy - and Codey always enjoyed a good game.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 3:16 am

It had for some reason, come to his professor's attention that he'd missed an assignment, or something. Daniel wasn't interested in catching up, in all honesty - because that meant he hadn't done something when he was supposed to. But the letter said, quite clearly, that he was to meet Professor Ellingston in his office to discuss the matter.

Daniel was late.

By default.

He didn't care for people's inclination of 'being on time' and even when he should have been more punctual, Daniel liked to make a point. It was a solid half an hour, once more, that he'd finally started to make his way to the university. By the time he got there he was even later, but the young man didn't care. Placing his hand on the door, Daniel found it locked and frowned.

Well, that was mildly frustrating.

Stepping back, the boy took out his wand and pointed it at the lock. "Bombarda!" He muttered, watching the lock spring out of place. Not bothering to pick it up, Daniel entered the room, taking in the professor as he pushed the door to a close. "Your door will need fixing, Professor. Someone had sealed it to stop my admittance, it seems." Daniel told the man, though he was quite sure he knew exactly who had done that.

"You asked to see me, professor?" Daniel continued, moving to the chair before the older man's desk and taking his seat. He wasn't here to waste time, and he didn't like being toyed with, but the professor would learn, or they would have a battle of wills. Neither way was more appeasing to the Jameson heir, but he didn't let anything show.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 3:28 am

The noise from the door alerted him to the fact that someone was there. Glancing down at his watch, he frowned a little, realizing that, if it were Daniel, he was late. Still, the boy would learn - they always did. Not bothering to move, Codey was admittedly slightly startled when, instead of a knock, there was an explosion. Quickly adjusting the slight look of surprise to one of neutral expression on his face, he slowly look up from the paperwork on his desk.

Raising a single eyebrow at the student he was expecting, he didn't bother answering, instead watching the boy. This was definitely something he had not expected, but nevertheless, it was interesting. Very interesting. Simply waiting silently for Daniel to take a seat, Codey didn't bother to look towards the damage done to his door. Next time he knew to put anti-explosive charms on there, alongside the others, but that was a different problem for a different day.

"Is that question necessary?" he asked slowly, not taking his eyes away from that of his student's. "You know the answer is yes, or you wouldn't have blown up my door. Pleasantries are obviously not part of your strengths, so I suggest you don't bother trying."

Slipping out his wand, Codey gave it a tiny flick, not needing to say anything. He didn't need to look to know the door was righting itself even as he continued, "I myself don't bother with small talk, so let me get straight to it. What makes you think you have what it takes to be a dragon trainer?" His tone was calm - overly calm - and his face showed no expression. This had always been his favourite way of dealing with somebody new, to test the waters, so to speak. It had never failed him before, and he knew it was not going to fail him now.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 3:45 am

The notion of his question being necessary made a small smirk touch Daniel's features. One - nil to himself. For the professor had risen to the bait, which meant whether the question was necessary or no, he'd gotten under the professor's skin. Perfect.

"As you wish, professor." Daniel replied, his arrogance quite evident as he simply smirked in reply. The fixing of the door was merely background noise, and Daniel waited. It took balls to blow up a professor's door, and he hoped he could spread his capabilities around the university. He wanted people to admire him, gain friends, followers. Enemies even.

So long as he had their attention, he didn't care if it was positive or negative.

The question as to why he believed he could be a dragon trainer. "Professor, the school has accepted me on the course. I have the grades. If this is all you brought me here for, I think I will leave now, and see you in our next lesson. Double majoring is time consuming, and you can easily look at my application for that information." Daniel told him, getting to his feet with an impatient sigh. He hadn't written his own application, but he knew what it said.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 3:59 am

It was all very amusing to think that this boy thought he could beat Codey at something that he perfected over the course of his entire life - all 27 going on 28 years of it. Daniel was only 19. A for effort, he thought sarcastically, keeping his outward expression the same. Endearing as it was to watch the boy try, Codey had more important things to deal with than childish attempts to irk him.

Letting out a chuckle - for he truly was amused - Codey smirked a little. "The school has. I have not," he said simply, motioning to the chair. Picking up his wand once more, he pointed it towards the door in an obvious manner and gave it a few flicks. "Cursebreaker and Dragon Trainer. Odd choices, but I frankly don't care. If you think you can use your double major as an excuse to slack, then yes, I do think you should leave now, and don't bother to show up for my next class."

Picking up the essays on his table, he straightened them and slipped them into a file, finally looking away from the boy. If he tried to leave, Codey would let him - and then have him removed from his course altogether. Besides, if Daniel did try to leave, he would find the door locked - this time, keeping him inside - and fortified from any more tricks.

Opening his drawer, Codey pretended to busy himself with work, while keeping an eye on Daniel the entire time.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 4:13 am

Daniel had made it not even half way across the room when the man had spoken. The school and the professors were the same to the young man, in honesty, but it seemed that Professor Ellingston was of a different opinion. Turning slightly, eyebrow raised, Daniel saw the motion to sit back down.

He chose not to.

Instead, Daniel turned and stood. Sitting down on one on one situations made him a little nervous, and usually it never lasted long if he managed to find himself sat down anyway. "Nobody said I had to pick logical partnerships in my subjects." Daniel replied calmly to the slight on the work he'd chosen to do. It wasn't exactly unheard of to double, and it would give him a better outcome on job prospects, if he even decided to get one in the end.

"I don't plan on slacking, professor." Daniel continued, his tone still calmly and almost verging on much too light for the professor. "Slacking just plans to disrupt me. However, I will be at your lessons this time, if you are referring to my lack of attendance last semester." He explained, before a rueful comment surfaced.

"Of course, I won't have missed much, the first semester is always introductory and basic." He finished, waiting a moment before he spoke once more. "What exactly do you want, professor, you're taking up my most treasured work time." Daniel asked, though both of them knew he just wanted the man to be direct.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 4:30 am

Raising an eyebrow to himself, Codey, maintaining his emotionless tone, said, "And yet you are late. Slacking comes in many forms, Mr. Daniel, and lateness is one of them. Do not lie to me again." There was no need to make any threats. If the boy did not heed his advice, there would be a price to pay, and Codey was very, very serious about things like that.

"Of course, I won't have missed much, the first semester is always introductory and basic."

Looking up with a slight smirk, Codey did not bother to keep eye contact, instead going back to his own work - arranging another batch of essays according to grade. "Your downfall is to think all Professors work like that," he replied, tone matching the calmness in which he had been spoken to. "You have missed the most important assignment I will be giving. I gave it out on the first day of class."

"I have already told you what I want, but I have made the mistake of assuming you had brains," he paused to keep the file and remove another one. "I want you to answer my question. What makes you think you can be a dragon trainer? Or, to put another way, why did you choose this course out of all the others?"

With one swift motion, he reached forward, picked up the folder that Daniel's application had been on and threw it towards the boy. "That, is bullshit. Trust me, I know it when I see it. I do not want to read some crap written by somebody you hired - and yes, I would know: I had mine done the same way, only I didn't end up going to Uni. I want to hear you say it. I want to know why you deserve to be here, not why someone who is good with words think you do."

Smirking at the boy, Codey added, "And if you can't answer me, this course isn't for you. I don't teach idiots."
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 5:36 am

Daniel didn't count lateness as slacking. Slacking would mean making no effort, and Daniel put a lot of effort in to the lateness in which he arrived - as backwards as that might sound. The younger man didn't expect his professor to understand however, so simply remained silent, pretending to take the words on board that had simply slipped past him.

Daniel wasn't often wrong, but when he was, it ended in situations such as the one that had just presented itself. He was so wrong it was almost bordering on embarrassing. Thankfully, however, Daniel had the capability of masking his embarrassment and simply looked back at the professor wondering what he had missed. He wouldn't ask, he would be told, he was sure.

"I want you to answer my question. What makes you think you can be a dragon trainer? Or, to put another way, why did you choose this course out of all the others?"

The professor, however, didn't work quite how Daniel wanted him to and he found himself back at square one. He did not answer to start with, taking in the wizard before him. Considering him.

But consideration left the Jameson heir when the file was thrown towards him. He didn't flinch away from the file heading his way, and thankfully it landed at his feet, open on the page of his application. Well, the application that had been written for him because he didn't wish to write such things. Peeling his eyes from the folder back to his professor, it was evident that he was losing this one.

His smile had slowly dissipated, and now he was wondering exactly waht the professor wanted from him. His reason to be here was not a solid one, it had been more of a whim. Did he want honesty? No, the professor had already called him out on his bullshit, probably best not to spark more annoyance from the man.

"You're right, I didn't write the application. It was tedious and I had better things to do." Daniel replied, building his confidence back up because it had been shaken. Though admitting that wasn't something he would do. "However, you're wrong in thinking I'm an idiot, professor, far from it. I wouldn't be doing a double major, or even here if that were remotely true. We both know that. Power game, very good."

A small compliment, that'll do nicely. "As to why I'm studying dragons. Because I can. Because I can sign up for whatever course I like. Dragons are fascinating, and I couldn't chose between your course and cursebreaking. Can you kick me out for that reason? Most certainly not. Now, you have your answer." Daniel explained, though he knew it was not a reason to study it, he didn't have to validate his choices to his parents, so he most certainly didn't need to validate it to this man.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 6:04 am

Finally, Codey got the reaction he wanted, and he let the smirk on his lips show. He was quite sure the boy had been trying to bait him, and used it to his advantage, turning hook against caster. If the boy was smart, he would accept defeat, but if he wanted to keep playing, Codey didn't mind that either - it would only serve as a lesson to Daniel to pick his fights carefully. It was something Codey himself had learnt the hard way, and he had memories of a dead dragon and a loss of a few thousand galleons as proof.

And, at last, some honesty came in the form of a confession of sort. Leaning back in his chair, Codey motioned one more time to the chair. It would be the last time he did so, even if his student decided to stand. Chuckling again, he shook his head. Merlin, his thinking is so backwards, he thought, not voicing it out. Instead, he calmly stated, "You have brains, I do not doubt that. But street smart and book smart are two things. You may not be an idiot when it comes to text books and memorizing facts, but - and you would know this if you had come for my first lesson - Dragon Training has never been and will never be about text books."

He paused to let this sink in. "I told the class this and I will tell you this: I never went to University. I am self taught, you could say. Over the course of my work, I have discovered that some of the worst dragon trainers have top grades - they passed their exams with perfect scores. But, in the working world, I am called in to fix their messes." Again stopping for a moment, he waited to make sure he had the boy's attention before continuing. "But you are here, and you are here to learn under me. I do not expect perfection - I expect hard work and heart. If you think good grades and a double course proves you are no idiot, then you are a worse one than I could have ever imagined." With a slight smirk, Codey added, "Always make sure you have a good hand before you play. If you must play with a bad hand, you had better make sure your bullshit is bulletproof. Having said that, kissing my ass will not get you far."

At the explanation, Codey held back a sigh. He was not getting through to Daniel. Shaking his head, he held up his hand to stop him. "I do not care about double majors - I have a witch who is taking Healing and Dragon Training. In fact, I brought her into my class, and suggested she do her double major in the first place. Why? Because she has passion. If you are joining my classes - my course - simply because you think dragons are 'cool' or because you thought it would be 'interesting', I can tell you now this is not the right choice for you. I only ask one more time: why do you want to be a dragon trainer?"
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 6:28 am

Daniel's jaw was set with frustration when his professor tried to tell him that he might be book smart, but not street smart. The young man's eyes were defiant and he was truly trying to keep calm now. Daniel didn't like being toyed with, and it showed in his sour look towards the man.

But the boy moved to sit down, eyes fixed on the professor, though he knew he could't sit still, he felt like it was the right thing to do. Now, there was a change, Daniel Jameson working towards doing the right thing. Pigs might fly this evening, too.

That was perhaps a mistake of his own making for the man before him was as good with eye contact as he was himself. It was difficult to maintain such eye contact when it was so intense, but Daniel was much too stubborn to give in.

Each word was grating on the young man and his jaw was growing tighter. Teeth almost grinding...

"Shut. Up!" Daniel growled, rising to his feet as his hands slammed down on the professor's desk. They were curled in to fists and Daniel's eyes were fixed on the professor. Frustration? Anger? Annoyance? Daniel wasn't overly sure if he was honest, but it was coursing through his veins like nothing he'd felt before. "You know nothing." The boy hissed, body shaking with emotion. "And yet you think you can question everything!"

Daniel paused, trying to compose himself, but right now, it was of little use. "I want to do this, because I want to prove to everyone I can stick something out. I want to prove I can care for something in my life. Dragons have fascinated me from a young age, and I want to know more. I want to look after a dragon from tiny hatchling to grand beast. I want to know how to tame them to the extent that is possible, and I want to prove you wrong in every single assumption you just fucking made." Daniel replied, still standing over the desk and looking down at the professor.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 6:46 am

Watching the boy carefully, Codey held back his smirk. He could see he was getting to the boy - anyone with eyes could - and he didn't care. The effort it took nowadays to get people to just be honest was exhausting, but worth it if he found the right people. So on Codey went, taking note of the parts that especially irked Daniel. And then, what he had been waiting for happened. Not bothering to move, he folded his arms across his chest calmly as he tilted his head up to maintain eye contact, eyebrows raised slightly.

There were a few reasons he decided on this pose. The first, was that it was hard to fight back if someone attack him with his arms crossed like that, and he wanted to show the boy he meant to threat. The second, was because he knew that even if Daniel reached a stage where he decided to physically lash out, he could still very easily manage it. Dragons were much less predictable than people, and if he could handle them, he could handle anyone.

Patiently, he waited for the outburst to be over and done with, listening and taking in every word. This was what he wanted to her, not some crap about them being 'interesting'. He had wanted to know what made the boy tick, what made him ache for it versus want it. Looking up calmly at Daniel, Codey couldn't help but smirk.

"Now, was that so hard?" he asked, holding back a chuckle. Such dramatics were never called for. "You have proven me right in every way. Before you go off again, let me explain. I am not looking for some half-arsed comment about liking dragons. I want truth, honesty, openness. I want to know that you have what it takes to push through, to make it."

Giving a slight shrug, Codey continued, "You assume that my comments were because I dislike you, or because I do not wish to see you take this course. That is not true. I do not wish to see people who aren't serious about it take this course. I work with those who help themselves, and I never, ever spoon feed." He let his eyes glance at the chair, inviting the boy to take his seat once again. "Now we have some basis for things, we can actually talk. Please don't make me go to such extreme lengths to draw out an answer from you every time I ask a question, because I can and I will."

"My second question is this: what can you offer to my classroom that nobody else can? To rephrase, what are you going to bring in terms of originality, be it in thoughts, or personality?"
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 7:09 am

It was infuriating seeing the man before him stay so calm in that moment. Almost untouchable, it was remarkable. Frustrating, but remarkable. It made Daniel want to sag, almost instantly, but he couldn't. Not quite yet.

Daniel bristled at the notion of proving him right in every manner - that wasn't... but the professor explained a moment later, and Daniel knew that perhaps he wasn't quite right in how he had thought of the man before him. Underestimated him slightly, perhaps.

The glance to the chair made Daniel sit, almost obediently for the man before him. But he knew he was going to get no where with the aggressive stance. His wrists ached, but he wouldn't act on that now. Daniel simply nodded in response to not making it so hard to get the truth out next time, as much as he may not want to tell the man everything in his head, or even his heart, it seemed he was getting little and less choice in the matter if he wanted to stay. There was little to like of the situation, but Daniel simply waited for the question.

"My second question is this: what can you offer to my classroom that nobody else can? To rephrase, what are you going to bring in terms of originality, be it in thoughts, or personality?"

"With respect, sir, I don't know what you already have in your class." Daniel responded to the question honestly. Having not been to the man's lessons, he didn't know what would be original. However, that was not to be his final answer on the matter. "My originality would be that I'm always late, without fail." He commented off-handedly, giving himself more time to think of a proper answer to the question.

"I'd like to think I have a large personality. A strong, positive attitude. I can bring that, and a lot of enthusiasm to your class." Daniel suggested, because he didn't know how to answer this question. Were his thoughts original? Daniel doubted it. He wasn't an inventor, as such. "I would just have to hope that my personality in the classroom compels more involvement in your class." Daniel finished, hoping that would be enough for the professor.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 7:34 am

"My originality would be that I'm always late, without fail."

"Not any more you won't," Codey replied at once. "At least, not for my classes. I don't care what you do for your others. Dragon trainers are punctual and on time for everything. I expect that from my students, especially the ones who have more potential than the others." Whether or not Daniel was one of these, he did not say - that was for Codey and Codey alone to know. To be fair, they came more like a package deal than anything: if they were constantly on time, he'd say they were among those who had more potential, and the ones that had more potential were usually on time.

Nodding at the answer, Codey was not completely satisfied, but at the moment, he simply could not be arsed to push for a deeper response, not on such a trivial question. The main one, the only one that truly mattered had been answered, and he was happy with what he had received. "Okay, I think I'm all done here," he said, giving the boy another look over. There would be more things he needed to cover, but that was for another day.

"Well, almost," he added a moment later, a slight smirk. "Do you want your assignment or not? It's not too late to start, but you haven't even asked me about it. That is why I am still on the fence about you as my student. So far, you have shown no initiative despite your speech about passion. I said it before, I will repeat once again: I do not spoon feed any of my students. Spoon feeding are for babies, and babies don't make it in University." Blunt and straightforward, Codey did not care about stepping on a few toes. He knew he had the power of kicking people out from his course, and even if it were a Pureblood, he had no worries about doing it. After all, he himself was from a prominent family, and it would not do to start fights with any Ellingston.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 7:46 am

Daniel listed to how he would - somehow be on time. Honestly, he doubted that would ever be true, but he refrained from correcting the older man. It wasn't worth arguing over a matter of minutes, and so he didn't. Time was trivial, and all that jazz.

"Okay, I think I'm all done here,"

Daniel was glad, emotional displays were not his forte, and here he'd been made to display one. He didn't like it, but that wasn't a matter he needed to worry too much on. It would be forgotten, he was sure, and if not, he would make sure it wasn't spoken of, in the least.

The question about the project had slipped Daniel's mind completely, and it looked like that fact had greatly annoyed the professor before him. Biting his lip for a moment, Daniel nodded. "Sorry, professor." He apologised softly, before nodding. "Yes, I would like to do the project, please... what is it?" Daniel asked, and he did, genuinely look interested in the notion of there being a project.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 8:01 am

The apology came rather unexpected, and Codey was genuinely surprised - not that he showed it. It seemed he was getting through to the boy more than he thought. Too bad, he mused to himself. A long term game would have been fun.

Turning behind, he opened the cupboard there and removed a single oval object, bright crimson with flakes of a golden hue. Placing it gently on the table between them, Codey smiled softly, as he usually did whenever he dealt with dragons. "As you can obviously tell, this is a dragon egg. To be specific, it is that of a Chinese Fireball, and before you ask, it is real." He paused, smirked a little. "It is also yours."

Pushing it forward a little, he nodded at the boy. "This is yours to hatch and raise. You will take care of it at all times - you have been given permission to take it into classes with you. If any Professor has problems, send them to me, I will sort it out. When it hatches, you raise the baby dragling until it learns to breathe fire, and then you hand it back to me. Earlier you mentioned you wanted to see a dragon grow up - this is your chance to not only see one hatch, but be the reason it hatches. Once it breathes fire, however, it becomes too dangerous for inexperienced students to handle - according to the Ministry, that is - and I am forced to take them back from you. Nevertheless, at any time you may visit them, as long as I go with you. Any questions?"

Pausing to let the news be absorbed by Daniel, Codey only waited a few seconds before continuing with, "This is why I am so picky about my students. Real dragons are not a toy or a nice idea. They are big and fast and dangerous. I do not want idiots to pass and to avoid that, I do not accept idiots in the first place. Take care of your dragon. Hurt or kill it and you have me to answer to - and you do not want to see me angry, I can assure you that much."
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 9:13 am

It was, perhaps, quite the shock when the professor pulled out a dragon egg. Really, it shouldn't have been, but Daniel had been quite ready for a trick of some nature from the professor in return for his tardiness the whole of the first term. That said, he was highly relieved it was a dragon's egg rather than an essay, essays were just... not worth his time.

His eyes went wide at the notion of being given the Chinese Fireball, not believing the professor as he looked up at him. By all intents and purposes it looked like one, but... "Really?" Daniel asked in disbelief of the professor. He was quite sure this was one of the more dangerous dragons, but he couldn't quite place it in the order of danger. All dragons were dangerous to those who didn't know how, and he did not for a second think this was going to be easy.

The instructions Daniel nodded at each one, taking them in and making sure he remembered them. He could do this, he was sure of it, he didn't wish to let the professor down. "I'll bring it back when the fire starts, you have my word." Daniel replied, quite sure he meant it...

With the final words of hurting or killing the dragon, Daniel nodded once more. "I won't do either of those sir." Daniel assured the man.

Only when the talking stopped did Daniel reach out to the dragon egg. He hadn't been sure it wasn't going to be pulled away from him before this point, but now he was a little bit more confident in the notion it wouldn't be taken back. Taking it in both of his hands, Daniel stood up. It was already quite warm, but he knew he would have to make it warmer. With a small nod to the man, Daniel turned on his heel and left. He had work to do, and there was no time like the present.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 1:24 am

Ignoring the exclamation from the boy before him, Codey continued with his explanation; if Daniel thought he was joking around, he would have to learn that Codey never, ever made light of serious issues, and especially not when it came to dragons. In his eyes - and world - dragons came before everything and everyone else. His students already knew this. Or, at least, they should; if they didn't, then he was dealing with idiots, for he made his fact clear from day one.

"I expect a weekly report. Do not think I won't know if you aren't taking good care of your dragon. I must also add that my doors are always open, and I do not expect you to do this alone. If any problems arise, please do not hesitate to come see me," he stated, losing his superior attitude in that moment, but keeping his 'I mean it' tone of voice. There was no need for the former, not any more. He had gotten through to Daniel, and that was exactly what he set out to do.

With a wave of his hand, he dismissed the notion. "Codey or Professor is fine. Sir is too formal for my liking." A small shrug later, he proved that he had moved on from being firm. He had always been able to switch personalities in the blink of an eye, and used it to his advantage at times - it often threw people off.

This time, he let the boy leave, muttering counter spells as Daniel moved towards the door so that it would open without a problem. Watching until he had gone completely, Codey smirked to himself. That was definitely an interesting meeting, and already he had Dan marked down in his mind as someone to be on the look out for. Going back to marking, he pushed away all other thought. Only time could tell if Daniel would make it in the course, and Codey was not going to rush any decision just yet.
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)   Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel) Empty

Back to top Go down

Those Who Make It and Those That Don't (Daniel)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1