Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage

Rhian Kael

Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner) Empty
    PostSubject: Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner)   Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 10:43 pm

Rhian didn't think she'd been so happy to see Chamile in her entire life. Besides the fact that the snarky little blonde couldn't be trusted as far as Rhian could throw her, the girl tended to get overly friendly with their customers. No matter. Today was different! Today, her presense meant that Rhain could finally stop working and actually have some fun at this Carnival.

She'd been asked to work the stand only yesterday. Normally she hated taking shifts last minute, since she never felt mentally prepared for them, but it was the holiday season. They were off of classes, and she did actually want to get Tess something this year. From a store. Most of her gifts in the past had been hand made. She knew her best friend enjoyed them, but...she'd had her eye on something different this year.

With a small wave to the other girl, she moved towards the small drink stand they had amid the rest. The entire morning, she'd been working the crowd. With a tray of various beers, and her usual t-shirt with the pub logo on it, she'd been instructed to direct customers towards the booth. Oh, she could sell them a beer or two, for the exact amount, but wouldn't it be nicer to see the larger selection?

As she set her empty tray down on the table, she smiled warmly at the boy behind it. Conner had been pulled into the job as well, since everyone else had asked the whole day off. It had just been the pair of them all morning. She'd been back and forth to the booth every half hour or so, so she didn't know how he'd faired. Judging by his expression, though, she imagined he could use a few of those beers himself.

But others were coming on now, to work the later shift, and they were free. As she moved about the back of their set up, getting her coat and other winter things, she was happy to have them. Her uniform had been spelled to keep her warm through the day, but it wasn't an exact charm. Pulling on her things, she caught sight of Conner getting ready to head out as well.

She approached him, pulling on her white woven hat. It wasn't perfect, but she'd learned to make them years ago. "How'd you do over here? Were they just as crazy as the ones I had?" The general feeling of the crowd was positive, but there were always those that were a tad bit too demanding.
    Back to top Go down

Conner Bailey
    Dragon Trainers In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner)   Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Conner thought that picking up a job had been the best decision of his life. For one thing, the hours weren't terrible, and they kept him outside the flat and away from Ben's antics. But most importantly, it allowed him to finally be on shift with Rhian. The fact that he had started working a month before meant nothing, when he wasn't ever able to pick up a shift at the place at all when she was around. It was like he was coming in and she was on he way out, and it seemed his waiting had finally paid off, when they were asked to be working the food stands on their own.

Throughout the hours they were put to work, he couldn't help but think each smile he was giving out was genuine. While they didn't have time to chat, he got to hear her voice and hear her just be sweet to all the customers. But even the brightest of moods did not keep him from getting tired, as the day finally slowed down. Picking up his things, he threw a jumper over the black t-shirt with the logo on it and turned around only to find Rhian coming his way. He couldn't help but smile.

"How'd you do over here? Were they just as crazy as the ones I had?"

"Oh, it was crazy, but thankfully many went to the pub" he said chuckling, "either way, I'm glad it's over so now I can try to enjoy the carnival."

Looking down at his shoes he couldn't help but add.

"What are you plans?"
    Back to top Go down

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner)   Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 8:29 pm

Laughing openly at Conner's comment, Rhian nodded in agreement. While they'd been placed here, near the center of the carnival, to make a profit for the pub, the main idea was to gear everyone towards the actual building, a few yards away. It was a great plan, since they weren't selling food out here, and people generally took up the idea of getting inside some place warm. That was the idea, at least, but Rhian found that she didn't mind the cold that much. Not after a few hours out in it, anyway.

At the mention of the carnival, Rhian's eyes lit up. This was her first time here, being a first year and all, and she was excited. Even though she'd had to work, she counted herself lucky that it was earlier on. Now she would have time to check everything out.

"Well, I told my best friend I'd meet her later on. Wasn't quite sure when we'd be getting off here." Wondering where Tess would be now, she thought about sending her a Patronus to meet up. "Though, honestly, I'm famished. It's been torture standing around these stalls all morning and not getting to eat anything."

Sometimes she wondered how she wasn't 400 pounds. Really.

"What about you," she asked. "Got any big plans for the evening?" Conner had mentioned a few times about a flatmate. She wasn't sure about their relationship, whether they were actually friends, or just something that kind of fell together. He didn't come around the pub, from what she could see, so she wondered what kind of guy he was. If he was nice, like Conner.
    Back to top Go down

Conner Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner)   Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:01 pm

Conner grinned as she laughed, pleased with himself at her reaction. Her laugh was beautiful, and overall something he wanted to hear her do again. He wanted to make her laugh, if it was for his comment ,which to be honest he didn't think was funny, but great. If she found that funny, than he'd go with it. Anything to not muck it all up and ruin whatever was happening.

Sliding his hands in his pocket he smiled at her talking about her friend. She said best friend, not girlfriend or possible boyfriend in the background. Anyone with two braincells would figure out that the carnival was the best time for anyone to take advantage of the romance of winter. And if no one was going to towards her already, he'd be the one.

"Well...my best mate, he's off on his own. I don't even know if he's even coming here, hates the holidays. But you know no matter how odd your friends are you kind of gotta stick with them." he said. " So I'm a free...but if you're hungry...how about we take advantage of what's around us and find us a nice meal. My treat." he smiled as charming as he could. "If your boyfriend wouldn't mind that is..."
    Back to top Go down

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner)   Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner) EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 10:11 pm

A shadow passed behind Rhian's eyes for a moment, as Conner mentioned his friend not liking holidays. Not many people knew, but...well, she had issues with them as well. It wasn't that she outright hated them, no. But they always came with a sort of emptiness, really. One that no manner of presents from friends could fill. Tess had tried, over the years, but as much as she loved the girl, it really wasn't the same.

She put on a bit of a smile then, at Conner's words. "Yeah, you kinda do. No matter how nutters they may be at times." And that was a fact. She only really had one, and they were rather different, but they worked.

Rhian was stunned, for a moment, at the offer. Other than classes and work, they hadn't really spent any time on their own since they first met. Through the months, she'd grown comfortable enough around him, as far as an aquaintance, but they'd pretty much stayed just that. Steeling her nerves, and trying to take a chance on making a new friend, she decided to take him up on the offer.

Smirking in a bit of an embarrassed way, she shook her head. "That sounds fun. And no boyfriend to mind, really. I'm not really the type." It was a simple way of saying she didn't like trusting people with herself. Most people didn't understand that, so she just tried to keep it light.

Looking around at the different booths, her eyes fell on one with a large aray of sweets laid out. She'd been eyeing it all morning: pastries, cookies, all manner of baked delights. The warm aroma of them had been tempting her for hours now. Pointing it out, she asked, "Do you mind if we start over there? I've always had a bit of a sweet tooth."
    Back to top Go down

Conner Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner)   Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner) EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:09 pm

Conner grinned as she agreed about her own friend being weird. He'd seen Rhian before in his flat complexes, with her always tending to visit Tess. He knew that she'd never really paid attention to what was going on around her to notice him. He paid no mind, really, he knew enough to know that yes the new neighbor girl was weird, but she was pretty too, and somewhat put some kind of impression on Benjamin. (Even if he would deny it). The way she smiled made him smile in return.

"That sounds fun. And no boyfriend to mind, really. I'm not really the type."

The first feeling was relief that she didn't have that boyfriend. He had a shot, he had to really think about this and build it up. Maybe get her to like him a lot more. But then, then the second part came. I'm not really the type. Did that mean that she wasn't into relationships or she wasn't into him. He visibly winced despite himself and nodded avoiding her gaze.

"Do you mind if we start over there? I've always had a bit of a sweet tooth."

Despite himself, he nodded and smiled, hoping he could hide the pained expression on his face. So long as he could have her just be around him, the idea of being friends would have to be enough.
    Back to top Go down

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner)   Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner) EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:42 pm

Leading the way over to the stand, Rhian smiled warmly at the woman behind the table. She'd seen her around town, inside the little shop that she was promoting. While Rhian didn't spend a lot of money on things like this, she figured that today it could sort of be her present to herself. Exchanging a small greeting with the woman, she perused the assortment.

A nagging feeling in the pit of her stomach reminded her of Conner's offer. That it "would be on him". She really wasn't sure how to feel about it. If she'd been on her own, she would have gotten a few things, just to try them out. But now...well she didn't want to seem greedy, or like she was taking advantage of his offer.

Her eyes still roaming, she tried to school her face into one of neutrality. "Maybe another time, actually. Don't know if I'm up for sweets, actually." As it was, she had a bit of trouble tearing her eyes away from a cranberry tart with cream cheese topping.

When she looked back at Conner, something had changed. It was hard to put her finger on it, but the happiness was most definitely gone a bit. "Hey, are you okay?" Maybe it was something she did, or the long shift getting to him. "We don't have to hang about, if you're not up for it. I know the crowds can be a bit stressful."
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner)   Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner) Empty

Back to top Go down

Work's Over. Time for Play (Conner)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1