Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Once Upon A Dream (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Joe Astrid
    Joe Astrid
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

Once Upon A Dream (Open) Empty
    PostSubject: Once Upon A Dream (Open)   Once Upon A Dream (Open) EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 2:04 pm

When he'd seen the leaves on the ground on his way over, Joe was expecting something of a satisfying crunch with every step. He couldn't help but feel a little disappointed, though, when it turned out that it wasn't the time of year for such simple sources of amusement.

So really, clad in his somewhat signature black skinny jeans, a dark grey shirt and a black beanie (only to keep his ears warm, of course), the boy felt a little bit miffed as he walked around the lake. Honestly, the brunet wasn't sure what he was expecting to happen by pacing around, but whatever it was, it really needed to come quicker.

Joe's strolling came to a halt, eventually, only when he almost stacked it over a stone. He glared down at the offending pebble, letting out a soft huff as he realised exactly what it was he was getting annoyed over. A bloody stone. He picked it up, turning it a few times in his fingers, the story of a man with a stone that could resurrect the dead briefly playing in his mind before he whipped it into the water.

One, two, three, he counted. It skimmed the surface three times, sinking as it contacted the lake again on the fourth. He gave a soft grin at that. He would sit at the window of his living room when he was younger, watching the older kids skim stones on the surface of the river.

Joe picked up another, bringing his arm up and snapping his wrist forward, tossing the stone into the water with a satisfying six contacts with the water before it sunk. Soon enough, he was lost in his little world of stone skipping, a less than productive way to spend his time, but an entertaining one nonetheless.
    Back to top Go down

Elspeth Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream (Open)   Once Upon A Dream (Open) EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 7:05 pm

Elspeth was taking a stroll in the grounds, just to have a little 'feel' of the place. Well—okay, that was a lie. She wasn't really the type to take strolls. The post owl had returned to her with her letter unopened. It was a letter to her parents, who were blatantly ignoring her attempts at reconciliation. So here she was, lost and angry when all she had been trying to do was find the nearest pub so she could have a glass or two of Firewhisky.

She angrily kicked a stray pebble out of her way. "Honestly, how many bloody apology letters do they want from me? S'not like it was my fault anyway. Bloody hell," she said to herself irritably. No one was around to hear her talk to herself like a lunatic, anyway... right?
    Back to top Go down
    Joe Astrid
    Joe Astrid
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream (Open)   Once Upon A Dream (Open) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 11:34 am

It took until Joe stopped being able to feel his fingers for him to stop skipping the stones across the water. Sure, standing so close to the edge of the lake made it easier from a throwing point of view, but for the most part, the stones were wet from where the water would crawl up the shore every few moments and it wasn't particularly pleasant. Instead, he chose to sit a short distance aways from the edge, just enjoying the quiet, and the somewhat bittersweet coolness of the air.

"Honestly, how many bloody apology letters do they want from me? S'not like it was my fault anyway. Bloody hell,"

Most things were too good to be true. Or, too good to last, anyway. Still, the former Hufflepuff didn't mind too much, and he pushed himself to his feet, brushing himself off as he tried to find where the distressed voice was coming from. Soon enough, he saw a girl, a blonde who looked maybe a year younger than himself walking steadily in his direction. Joe didn't deliberately approach her, that would be weird. Instead, he tried to stay nonchalant, half-watching the lake reflect the sky, and half-watching the witch coming his way.

"Parents?" he asked simply, voice sounding a little far-off and distanced. Disattached, almost, he realised a little too late.
    Back to top Go down

Elspeth Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream (Open)   Once Upon A Dream (Open) EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 10:30 pm

/Apologies for the late reply, I got busy Embarassed/

"Parents?"

At the sound of the voice, Elspeth nearly screamed. Her heart thumped rapidly in her chest, and she paused for a few seconds to steady her breathing. Then she was embarrassed, because someone had heard her. Then she was annoyed, because she had just gotten away from the girl she met at the Owlery, and now she had to deal with this one.

"Er... yes, actually," she replied. Then, deciding that that was too nice, she added quietly, "Not that it's any of your business."
    Back to top Go down
    Joe Astrid
    Joe Astrid
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream (Open)   Once Upon A Dream (Open) EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 8:46 am

[OOC: No no not at all, it's perfectly fine love!<3]

Joe cocked an eyebrow at the witch, wiping his hands on the backs of his jeans before turning to face her. He was never one to pull off the mysterious, nonchalant guy look, and to be honest he wasn't sure why he'd even attempted it. The brunet cleared his throat once, making his facial expression neutral aside from the soft smirk that seemed to constantly settle on his lips when he wasn't in a bad mood.

"Er... yes, actually ... Not that it's any of your business."

"You're right," he told her, shrugging his shoulders. The same tone rang in his voice as before, a little distanced from the conversation, but clear and focused enough to tell the witch, whoever she was, that he was actually paying attention. "It's not my business at all, but you can make it my business if you want someone to talk to about it? I'm not a half bad listener, apparently.

"Name's Joe," the young man introduced himself to her, risking a proposal of a handshake as he took another step towards the witch, stretching out his hand for her to take if she chose to. "Joe Astrid, second year healer-in-training. Any chance I can find out who you are?"
    Back to top Go down

Elspeth Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream (Open)   Once Upon A Dream (Open) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 6:03 am

"You're right. It's not my business at all, but you can make it my business if you want someone to talk to about it? I'm not a half bad listener, apparently."

Elspeth slightly cocked her head to the side. She wasn't used to having a say in matters, since her parents always controlled her, so this was quite baffling to her. She hummed quietly, wondering what she was supposed to do now. Bit hard to act like I don't have feelings when people do things like this, she thought.

"Surely you have other things to do than to listen to a stranger's problems," she said. "I'd rather not make it your business. We've only just met; I'm not about to lay all my problems on you."

"Name's Joe. Joe Astrid, second year healer-in-training. Any chance I can find out who you are?"

After a moment of hesitation, she replied, "Elspeth Armstrong, first year. I take Cursebreaking." For the first time that night, she gave him a barely-there smile.
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream (Open)   Once Upon A Dream (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Once Upon A Dream (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1